How long until a movie about fantasy is made? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

How long until a movie about fantasy is made?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DK » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:30 pm

I think a "Best-In-Show" style movie with some quirky characters would make a pretty good movie.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:32 pm

acsguitar wrote:I really have no idea how they would make a movie about fantasy baseball

They wouldn't. They would make it about fantasy football, it is much more popular.
2nd in the Baseball Leg of the Cafe Challenge.
CC Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hybrid » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:38 pm

DK wrote:I think a "Best-In-Show" style movie with some quirky characters would make a pretty good movie.

That's actually a pretty good idea. ;-D
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Coppermine » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:52 pm

hybrid wrote:
DK wrote:I think a "Best-In-Show" style movie with some quirky characters would make a pretty good movie.

That's actually a pretty good idea. ;-D

I agree... you put Eugene Levy in it (and I'm willing to forget about "The Man" for this one) and I'll go see it.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:37 pm

CC wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I really have no idea how they would make a movie about fantasy baseball

They wouldn't. They would make it about fantasy football, it is much more popular.

Any stats to back that up? I would have thought baseball was more popular and I'll tell you why: 162 vs. 16 games per year. :-?
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby knapplc » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:48 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:
CC wrote:

Any stats to back that up? I would have thought baseball was more popular and I'll tell you why: 162 vs. 16 games per year. :-?

Just because there are more games doesn't mean baseball is "more popular" than football. By raw attendance numbers I think you could easily make the claim that more people watch baseball (Major Leagues, Minors, Independent Leagues and College and High Schoo BB) than watch football in all of its forms.

However, that doesn't necessarily paint the real picture. I have season tickets to Lincoln's Independent League baseball team, but I am MUCH more of a fan of football.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Coppermine » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:07 pm

I think that football appeals to a wider demographic.

My parents are from Queens and I grew up upstate. Not to say that New York doesn't have a huge football following, because they do, where I lived football fans definitely took a backseat to baseball fans. The Mets/Yankees rivalry is much more interesting than the Jets/Giants rivalry, if one even exists. My grandfather was a Brooklyn Dodgers fan and I was told he only cried once in his entire life... the day they moved to LA. So it's really just how I was brought up. When I moved to PA, I found that football fans dominated the area and it seems that outside of Major metro areas like NY, Chicago, St. Louis and southern California (not to mention a bunch of others, like Boston and even Denver), football is the sport of choice.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RugbyD » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:20 pm

Coppermine wrote:I think that football appeals to a wider demographic.

My parents are from Queens and I grew up upstate. Not to say that New York doesn't have a huge football following, because they do, where I lived football fans definitely took a backseat to baseball fans. The Mets/Yankees rivalry is much more interesting than the Jets/Giants rivalry, if one even exists. My grandfather was a Brooklyn Dodgers fan and I was told he only cried once in his entire life... the day they moved to LA. So it's really just how I was brought up. When I moved to PA, I found that football fans dominated the area and it seems that outside of Major metro areas like NY, Chicago, St. Louis and southern California (not to mention a bunch of others, like Boston and even Denver), football is the sport of choice.

a contributing factor to this is that footbal revenue sharing rules allow teams to be viable outside of a major metro area (Green Bay, Jacksonville, Nashville, etc.) so not only does the nearest major metro area adopt the team as its own, but people in the boonies regularly attend games b/c its close.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Coppermine » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:30 pm

RugbyD wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I think that football appeals to a wider demographic.

a contributing factor to this is that footbal revenue sharing rules allow teams to be viable outside of a major metro area (Green Bay, Jacksonville, Nashville, etc.) so not only does the nearest major metro area adopt the team as its own, but people in the boonies regularly attend games b/c its close.

Seriously, I'm in South/Central PA... so I'm about equal distance from Pittsburgh, Philly and the Washington/Baltimore area. Vast majority here are Eagles fans, followed by Steelers. A few Redskins fans and probably no Ravens fans. I'd say there's a disproportianately large amount of Cowboys, Raiders and 49ers fans here too. What's up with that?

College football is worse... Penn State is hard core here, but then you see all these Notre Dame fans. I don't get it. Go to Indiana you hacks.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby danleroi22 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:50 pm

It could have somthing to do with Vegas or something like that.

A movie where they bet on fantasy sports. ;-D
[b]Thanks Franchise for the sig!

The [url=http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2014799#2014799]CTU Agents[/url] of the Aces High Cafe Challenge League.[/b]
danleroi22 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk