And you all, as a result of reading this thread, have also lost The Game. Since you are now trapped playing this until your death, here are the rules:
* To know of The Game's existence is to play The Game.
* To realise that you have thought of The Game is to lose The Game.
* When you lose The Game, you must announce this fact to everyone present. Announcing a loss is usually done using a short sentence such as "I've just lost The Game" or "I thought of The Game" or "I've just lost", or more commonly phrases like "I lose", or even simply "The Game" both to create intrigue in others as to what the loser is talking about and as an in-joke to other Game players.
Some players often also follow additional rules such as:
* When a loss is announced, all other players have a 30 minute grace period in which to forget about The Game before they also lose.
* If during this 30 minute grace period someone who is playing the game dies, than that player loses forever. However, if they are currently not losing, they get a patch. (However, they do not "win" a patch because you can never win The Game)
* When one player loses, all players present are immune from losing until The Game is forgotten again.
* If you say you have lost The Game in the presence of non-players and are asked what the game is, you must explain to them the rules of The Game.