"The 40-Year-Old Virgin" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

"The 40-Year-Old Virgin"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Laean » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:33 am

i liked the 40 year old virgin better. my favorite was the diss battles that the black dude and the old pakistani guy would have, but i don't think i can quote those here because they were kind of racist jokes.

here's one that's safe:

(after getting hit by a car while riding his bicycle and flying through a truck carrying a billboard) - *on his back in the middle of the street* "there were two sides to that billboard ... and they both hurt equally."

haha maybe it's funnier when you actually see it.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:18 pm

From very early in the movie... (had to look it up to get all the words right)

Cal: Oh, man, I had a weekend.
Andy Stitzer: Yeah?
Cal: We went to Tijuana, Mexico, you know? And we thought it would be fun, you know, to go to a show. Everybody says you gotta check out one of these shows. And... it's a woman ******' a horse. We get there and we think it's gonna be awesome and... it is not as cool as it sounds like it's gonna be. It's kinda gross.
Andy Stitzer: Yeah.
Cal: You think "A woman ******' a horse" and you get there and... it's a woman ******* a horse.
Cal: It was really giving it to her. And you know what? To be honest I just felt bad for her, we all just felt bad for her.
Cal: I kinda felt bad for the horse!
Andy Stitzer: Wow, that's something.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 307)

Postby MMoNeY24 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:00 pm

Saw 40-yr old virgin again recently and have to say that it's funnier than Wedding Crashers. You start picking up on more and more funny parts the more you see it.

Something I picked up that I thought was funny 2nd time around was when the girl was in his apartment and picked up something, asking if it was some sort of date rape pill... then he says it's a mentos, they're the freshmaker.

Other stuff was the paki guy through the whole movie and the black guy screaming at Dawn of the Dead. :-b
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:09 pm

dannyolbb wrote:Do you know what the best parts of The 40-Year-Old Virgin were? The extras. I don't generally watch them, but I enjoyed the movie enough to check them out this time. They were fantastic.

Top 3 comedy in the last 20 years or so, I think. Blues Bros, The Jerk, Dr. Strangelove - Those are the only comedies I've enjoyed more that I can think of.

gotta agree the extras for 40 yr old were the best thing about either movie. i really like the "you know how i know your gay?" "I once saw you make a spinich dip in a loaf of sourdough bread". the dating outtakes are funny too, especially with "Gina".

overall though these movies werent overly funny to me. i like my comedy either really dumb and over the top (Naked Gun, Not Another Teen Movie) or serious (Royal Tennanbaums, Being There)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby fezzik » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:35 pm

I liked Wedding Crashers a little better...

quoted from memory -

"...and later maybe we can play a game called 'just the tip'...just for second...just to see how it feels."

That one had me on the floor... :-b
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:28 pm

Rachel McAdams looks good in wedding crashers ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero