5x5 league (sportsmanship, commitment, competition, etc..) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

5x5 league (sportsmanship, commitment, competition, etc..)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

5x5 league (sportsmanship, commitment, competition, etc..)

Postby BODF » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:36 pm

I've got about 7 players looking to build a league without the usual problems (dead teams, veto abuse, etc). Most of us are league champions elsewhere, love to trade, enjoy negotiations, stick with our teams the entire way during off years, and are generally nice people.

We are looking to put together a 12 team mixed free Yahoo league of people who fit the above description. If we can put together a strong enough group - eventually we'd like to build this into a keeper league.

A few basic philosophies my friends and I share:

- Vetos should only be used in the case of obvious collussion. Unbalanced trades are not grounds for veto - players should have the right to overwhelm other players to get something they need.

- Attempting to abuse the lax attitude on vetos by taking advantage of a weaker player is unnacceptable and will be answered not by a veto, but by losing the trust of the rest of the league. (Ideally the league will have no weaker players - but sometimes that shows itself with a player later).

- No trade offer is insulting. Bad offers are often just a way of getting a conversation started. Don't get mad...just counter.

- Players who are unwilling to negotiate hurt the league.

- It's just a game.

Anyhow - if you feel like you'd fit in, drop me a line at mailto:bitter_olddodgerfan@hotmail.com - if possible write a paragraph or two about yourself so that I can get a feel for whether you'd fit in.

Thanks - now back to Matlock....
Bitter
BODF
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds