Kanye West: The 13th Apostle? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Kanye West: The 13th Apostle?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:24 pm

Phatferd wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I don't know anything about the source for this, but this has to be a joke, right? I mean, it's one thing to appear on the cover of Rolling Stone as Jesus, which has been done before (not necessarily on Rolling Stone, but in general). But to say that the Bible should be revised with him in it? I mean, this has to be made up...right?

For his and society's sake, I hope it is...

Oh, this is just the natural order of things... someone gets an ego so inflated they think they're holy. Pat Robertson feels that way and he's just an old man on TV.

John Lennon said the Beatles were "bigger than Jesus." This is just the new generation of being arrogant. I think getting worked up over it is what he would want and expect.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Phatferd » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:42 pm

I personally just think what he said is a lot different than what John Lennon said. First of all he's mistaken if he feels he has gained the level of John Lennon.

Secondly, I think what Lennon said is not nearly as bad as what Kanye said. Saying that they need to re-write the entire Bible to inlcude him? Give me a break. Anyways, 2 wrongs don't make a right.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:46 pm

Madison wrote:Ok, between this and the Bush/black people thing, someone should just shoot this guy now and save the world the headache. :-/

I agree! This guy is a moron. He preaches Jesus and against Bush and yet is a corporate slave to Pepsi.

This guy is a moron. I saw an interview with him on 20/20.

Barbara Walters asked him to freestyle...It was soo unbelievably bad...

This was it.
I'm on Barbara Walters.

You know I won't falter.

Jesus walked. He took me to the alter...

And I can talk to any reporter.

Turn on your recorder.

Anyways the guy stinks his music like all mainstream rap accept wutang rips off other artists tunes and then babbles over it

I give him two thumbs down
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby bronxxbomber » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:15 pm

He's got some balls because they're a some very religious people out there who would probably kill the guy if he repeated that nonsense aloud. Besides that I think he's just being really cocky. His comments about Prez. Bush were crazy. I would like to think that our Commander and Chief cares about all Americans. We don't need anymore religious riots being spread because of the judgement of a few guys.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:06 pm

His antics kinda make you wonder if he's going to go from rising star to most hated in short time. I'm all for standing up for your beliefs and making statement, but Kanye's a walking contradiction and fool if he thinks he really should be in the Bible.
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RugbyD » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:44 pm

Everyone knows Rufus was the 13th apostle.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby PinotResa » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:17 pm

How do we know this quote is true and what context it was taken in?
PinotResa
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby logan » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:39 pm

RugbyD wrote:Everyone knows Rufus was the 13th apostle.

;-D

just watched that the other day.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:26 am

Sounds fake, any other sources on this? I mean, this seems almost way too crazy to believe.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:27 am

PinotResa wrote:How do we know this quote is true and what context it was taken in?

Eva Jenkins (journalist) wrote:One often thinks Mr. Kanye West couldn’t possibly be serious about the overblown importance he gives himself. If his comments are a simple matter of making headlines then they’re working - the most recent sees the rap producer-come-superstar claiming he should be in the Bible.

Although he didn’t win all eight Grammy’s as he predicted, Kanye has revealed in a recent interview reported on Contactmusic.com that he’s an “inspirational speaker” and continues to say “I changed the sound of music more than one time... For all those reasons, I'd be a part of the Bible. I'm definitely in the history books already.”

What history books Kanye might feature in exactly still remains unknown but one thing’s for sure – he’s going to need to start performing more miracles if he’s going to make it into the Bible. And no, writing “Gold Digger” doesn’t count.

Honestly, I think he knows how to play the media as well as people's emotions. If he is serious, he's a megalomaniacal sociopath. If he isn't, I'd have to say he knows exactly what he's doing. I don't like it either, but shock value doesn't really work for me anymore either.I guess it's still better than a "wardrobe malfunction."
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk