Dang, Reds Fans! Giddy-UP! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Cincinnati Reds

Dang, Reds Fans! Giddy-UP!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dang, Reds Fans! Giddy-UP!

Postby benjapage » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:04 pm

kullman has been dispatched by krivsky, only one day into the new regime. this season is certainly going to be a (*cough*) transitional one, with most of the changes to come later...but it is wonderful to see this assertive approach toward improvement.

the culture of the reds has ebbed, and castellini/krivsky are bent on restoring pride and respect.

a very close (and reliable, or i wouldn't pass on the info) source told me that the reds' front office has long been regarded a joke! a joke! very few of the positions considered standard in the industry have even been occupied! empty seats in critical roles! all in efforts to cut costs and "maximize profitability for ownership."

castellini's a cincinnati man. krivsky's virtually a moneyball guy. watch this organization spin on a dime. FIRE IT UP! ;-D

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheGrump » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:50 am

You've been listening to too much Cutler.

It is going to take a long time to fix the reds.
TheGrump
College Coach
College Coach

hmm

Postby hoopitup21212 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:56 pm

Kearns really needs to step it up this season. If you ask me, the reds need to trade Griffey this season. Griffey is great but the Reds aren’t even close to winning therefore they should trade Griffey for some good pitching prospects and get some cap space.
hoopitup21212
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby benjapage » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:04 pm

a) don't know who cutler is, but i don't expect the reds to win 80 games this year. that's not what i'm talking about.

i am talking about the fact that a few months ago, the future of this franchise was dark and directionless. suddenly, we can reap the emotional benefits of cheering for a professional sports franchise: collective hope! sure, it's not for this season...but this season will be more fun to watch just knowing that the guy driving (krivsky) really knows what he's doing.

kearns does need to step it up, and griffey should have been dealt last year at the all-star break (thanks, carl). unless griffey replicates his first half from 2005, there's no way they'll get decent value for him.

again, the point here, is that hope has returned. hope was lost. gitcher chins up, you ninnies!

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby TheGrump » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:01 pm

benjapage wrote:a) don't know who cutler is, but i don't expect the reds to win 80 games this year. that's not what i'm talking about.

i am talking about the fact that a few months ago, the future of this franchise was dark and directionless. suddenly, we can reap the emotional benefits of cheering for a professional sports franchise: collective hope! sure, it's not for this season...but this season will be more fun to watch just knowing that the guy driving (krivsky) really knows what he's doing.

kearns does need to step it up, and griffey should have been dealt last year at the all-star break (thanks, carl). unless griffey replicates his first half from 2005, there's no way they'll get decent value for him.

again, the point here, is that hope has returned. hope was lost. gitcher chins up, you ninnies!

b

Just because this is a new year, it does not mean that there is realistic hope available...

Lets say I have a steaming pile of crap. It doesn't matter if I own it or if Donald Trump owns it, it is still a steaming pile of crap.

The future may be looking better, but I'd still trade our farm system with just about any other franchise. In any case, it will probably be a while before we see any real improvement
TheGrump
College Coach
College Coach

Postby slomo007 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:50 am

TheGrump wrote:Lets say I have a steaming pile of crap. It doesn't matter if I own it or if Donald Trump owns it, it is still a steaming pile of crap.

That is freakin hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. :-b
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby benjapage » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:47 pm

TheGrump wrote:
benjapage wrote:a) don't know who cutler is, but i don't expect the reds to win 80 games this year. that's not what i'm talking about.

b

Just because this is a new year, it does not mean that there is realistic hope available...

Lets say I have a steaming pile of crap. It doesn't matter if I own it or if Donald Trump owns it, it is still a steaming pile of crap.

The future may be looking better, but I'd still trade our farm system with just about any other franchise. In any case, it will probably be a while before we see any real improvement

am i missing your sense of humor? yes, yes...poop is funny.

poopy! :-b

but in regard to this season, i have already stated (and we are in agreement) that there is no reason to expect better than mediocre performances. my cause for jubilation is that the reds are finally back on the right track. it won't bear fruit this year, but i repeat, there is now reason to hope [for the future in general--not this year]. this is in stark contrast to the lindner/o'brien/bowden era.

farts. :-D

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby hoopitup21212 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:48 pm

looks like this topic is live and kicking ;-D
SGMKL
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=163
"When Chuck Norris jumps in an ocean he doesnt get wet, the water gets chuck."
hoopitup21212
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby jayday » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:56 pm

The Reds new ownership has me excited for the future...;-D

As for this year, we're gonna have to average about 10 runs a game to break .500....If we could just get some pitching :-[
jayday Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby benjapage » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:02 pm

interesting that with the arroyo trade, i'm slightly less excited. as stated in the grump's thread, i believe that my vantage point is in the minority. oh, well.

i can still root in vain for the team to win. ;-7

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Cincinnati Reds