So how long before Soriano has his tantrum?... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

So how long before Soriano has his tantrum?...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby KolbSaves » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:46 pm

BigLebowski wrote:While I do think his number regress...I don't think they will to the extent that some are predicting.

My prediction is Vidro is the starting 3rd baseman and Soriano is the starting 2nd baseman. Zimmerman is highly over-rated, and won't be a starter by May 1st.

What is your quick prediction?

I think he'll do .255/.310/.400
26 hr/ 31 steals/ 95 runs/ 90 rbi

Just based on the huge decline he's seen in his last two season's worth of away splits...this projection is being kind to him. I think he's older than Major League Baseball thinks he is and definitely in decline.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:53 pm

Dark Knight wrote:It is kind of ironic that you can have a naked woman avatar on these forums, but you can not type semi-dirty words ;-) .

My point exactly. B-)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:15 pm

Those of you chirping about Piazza have a revisionist's memory. Piazza was a class act about the switch from C to 1B. He did voice his opinion that he would prefer to stay at C but that was it. He made the move and did what was in the "best" interest of the team. Other than the aspect of switching positions, the situations were never remotely similar.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigLebowski » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:28 am

KolbSaves wrote:
BigLebowski wrote:While I do think his number regress...I don't think they will to the extent that some are predicting.

My prediction is Vidro is the starting 3rd baseman and Soriano is the starting 2nd baseman. Zimmerman is highly over-rated, and won't be a starter by May 1st.

What is your quick prediction?

I think he'll do .255/.310/.400
26 hr/ 31 steals/ 95 runs/ 90 rbi

Just based on the huge decline he's seen in his last two season's worth of away splits...this projection is being kind to him. I think he's older than Major League Baseball thinks he is and definitely in decline.

I haven't done a ton of research on Soriano yet, but on my sheets right now I have him at
.260 25HR 85RBI 90R 35SB

The RBI and Run numbers are the one's I'm not sure about yet. That Nat's offense is odd, and I haven't looked at that division as closely yet. But I am pretty confident he can go 25 and 35 this year.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:34 am

BigLebowski wrote:I haven't done a ton of research on Soriano yet, but on my sheets right now I have him at
.260 25HR 85RBI 90R 35SB

The RBI and Run numbers are the one's I'm not sure about yet. That Nat's offense is odd, and I haven't looked at that division as closely yet. But I am pretty confident he can go 25 and 35 this year.

If he's batting fifth, he's never getting 90 runs in that Nats offense, with his OBP. The RBIs are a little high.

He could hit 25 HRs, and those 35 SBs are possible...but Soriano's now at the age where he'll mix in seasons like 2004. So, the uncertainty inthat SB estimate is very high. Could be 35. Could be 15-20, if his hammy's injured.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby KolbSaves » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:18 pm

My thoughts are that he'll try to compensate for his lack of power (honestly I think 26 is an optimistic prediction) by attempting a lot of steals. He won't have a great % necessarily, but I think he'll hit 30 sb again.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:15 pm

KolbSaves wrote:My thoughts are that he'll try to compensate for his lack of power (honestly I think 26 is an optimistic prediction) by attempting a lot of steals. He won't have a great % necessarily, but I think he'll hit 30 sb again.

I think that will depend more on Robinson than Soriano, and Frank is all over the map with his managerial strategy. There have been years his teams led the league in SB attempts, and years, like 2005, in which they were last in the league in SB attempts (the entire team had just 90 SB attempts last year, and no player had more than 18 attempts).

Of course, that was a rational strategy last year, because they stunk on the bases. They had only a 50% success rate; that's putrid. So, Robinson may be willing to let Soriano run more than others.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers