So how long before Soriano has his tantrum?... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

So how long before Soriano has his tantrum?...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby rw_26 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:14 pm

I think you guys are missing the point. Soriano said he wasn't going to switch positions even BEFORE he was traded. It's the Nationals fault for trading for him. It's his legacy and he should be able to play where he wants. And he said this before he was traded there, so you can't pull out the "not a team player" card.

I don't think he is being selfish at all. He considers himself a 2B and told everyone that. If someone on his team got hurt during the season and the management came to Soriano and asked him to move positions to cover for the injured player and Soriano refused, then you could call him selfish. But not when he told everyone from the get go.

If you had an upper-tier position in your company and your boss told you to switch to secretary, what would you say? But if the secretary came down sick all of a sudden and your boss said he needed you to answer phones for a day you probably wouldn't have a problem with it.

The bottom line is the players should have a say so on which way they want their careers to go. As long as they make their intent clear before before joining a new team, it is up to the team to accomodate them.
rw_26
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KolbSaves » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:37 pm

I would stay far far away from Soriano in your drafts this year. Too many issues piling up. RFK is going to murder his numbers.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:44 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i agree that the nats will give in too....just in, soriano loses and only gets 10 mill :,-(

oh come on mookie, we're all adults here, lighten it :-)

(but i understand its your duty ;-D )

If we all were adults here, it'd probably be a different story. However, you only have to be 13 years old to register as a Cafe member, and it's hardly asking a ton to replace profane words with more acceptable ones. Nearly 4000 posts, and I haven't had a problem. ;-D

Well you don't really have to be 13 to sign up. You just have to have the ability to click a box saying you're older than 13. But that's besides the point...If they're worried about exposing kids to inappropriate things they're waisting their time. These "cuss words" are a normal occurance in most kids lives nowadays...and also having an ad on the left with a woman wearing a thong kinda contradicts the whole effort doesn't it? ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dark Knight » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:40 pm

Who cares what position Soriano plays in Washington, in that park he will be lucky to to go 85/20/90/20/.270, so his numbers will hurt him at any position he plays.
Dark Knight
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BigLebowski » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:49 pm

While I do think his number regress...I don't think they will to the extent that some are predicting.

My prediction is Vidro is the starting 3rd baseman and Soriano is the starting 2nd baseman. Zimmerman is highly over-rated, and won't be a starter by May 1st.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:13 pm

BigLebowski wrote:While I do think his number regress...I don't think they will to the extent that some are predicting.

My prediction is Vidro is the starting 3rd baseman and Soriano is the starting 2nd baseman. Zimmerman is highly over-rated, and won't be a starter by May 1st.

I was reading up on Zimmerman last night, big things for the future but you may be onto something as far as where the Nationals will end up if he doesn't quite go nuts this year! ;-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby DK » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:30 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:and also having an ad on the left with a woman wearing a thong kinda contradicts the whole effort doesn't it? ;-D

That's tasteful, though. :D

Piazza's reputation as a poor defensive catcher is overrated. He actually improved quite a bit as the years went on and he adjusted better to the NY scrutiny and the position. He is by no means a Gold Glover and won't come close, but his reputation as terrible (esp. as his career went on) is unwarranted.

That being said, if you ever saw him at first you know why he wanted to catch. :-°
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:41 pm

DK wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:and also having an ad on the left with a woman wearing a thong kinda contradicts the whole effort doesn't it? ;-D

'it's baseball AND biology mom!!' :-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:43 pm

DK wrote:

Hey, I'm not complaining. :-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dark Knight » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:45 pm

It is kind of ironic that you can have a naked woman avatar on these forums, but you can not type semi-dirty words ;-) .
Dark Knight
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers