So how long before Soriano has his tantrum?... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

So how long before Soriano has his tantrum?...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:40 pm

I am not going to defend Piazza, but Piazza earned quite a bit of respect and paid his dues before doing any of that. He was a veteran and franchise player being somewhat selfish towards the end of his career on a team that frankly was going nowhere anyway and everyone save for maybe Wilpon knew it.

What exactly has Soriano done to be given that sort of slack? He has not even been around long enough to be a free agent. The man is a jerk by every account I have ever heard. He has NEVER played for the team but instead is selfish to the core and to a fault.

Also, how intelligent can one really be when after being reprimanded by Torre once for admiring a ball he thought was out and not hustling the man did it AGAIN. And Torre unfortunately did not have the guts to suspend him for it at the time.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:47 pm

Just a reminder here fellas - it is NOT alright to post a cuss word simply because you have replaced a few letters with $, @ or *. Everybody knows what word you are using and it is still a cuss word.

This is happening too much. We're not going to keep editing your posts and we are going to start handing out yellow cards for this.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:58 pm

i agree that the nats will give in too....just in, soriano loses and only gets 10 mill :,-(

oh come on mookie, we're all adults here, lighten it :-)

(but i understand its your duty ;-D )

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:01 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i agree that the nats will give in too....just in, soriano loses and only gets 10 mill :,-(

oh come on mookie, we're all adults here, lighten it :-)

(but i understand its your duty ;-D )

If we all were adults here, it'd probably be a different story. However, you only have to be 13 years old to register as a Cafe member, and it's hardly asking a ton to replace profane words with more acceptable ones. Nearly 4000 posts, and I haven't had a problem. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:15 pm

Just to clarify, is it ok to replace all the letters w/ asterisks, etc. or is that a faux pas as well? :-?

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that the Cubs can worm Soriano away from the Nats somehow. I think that he could rack up some amazing admiration #s at Wrigley...heh heh heh...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Thursday » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:32 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:Just to clarify, is it ok to replace all the letters w/ asterisks, etc. or is that a faux pas as well? :-?

The why bother swearing at all? Doesn't make sense. Just be normal people and speak like you would to a crowd of people you don't know, because that's essentially what you are doing.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:42 pm

I dunno, every now and then it comes in handy. The 'players you hate' thread got pretty nasty w/o any of the 7 words you can't say on TV.

I guess every now and then I've seen posts from people who are in high school but, when I think about my own high school experiences, there was a fair amount of profanity. Even junior high and grade school for that matter. Still though, it would be a shame if some kid's parents shut down the cafe b/c of some easily decipherable asterisks... 8-o
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dannahann » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:44 pm

Yoda wrote:Why is it that Soriano continues to get bashed when Piazza, one of the worst defensive catchers ever, always made it a huge deal to move his position?

I agree Yoda. Soriano is the one made out to be selfish yet Piazza receives little if any criticism for the same issue. And why is it that Jeter is made of teflon? He refused to move when a superior SS was added, yet he's beyond criticism? Only answer is players the NY fans/media like get a pass, while those same folks feel they have a right to critcize someone they don't like for doing the same thing.
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Postby Scarp » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:55 pm

dannahann wrote:
Yoda wrote:Why is it that Soriano continues to get bashed when Piazza, one of the worst defensive catchers ever, always made it a huge deal to move his position?

I agree Yoda. Soriano is the one made out to be selfish yet Piazza receives little if any criticism for the same issue. And why is it that Jeter is made of teflon? He refused to move when a superior SS was added, yet he's beyond criticism? Only answer is players the NY fans/media like get a pass, while those same folks feel they have a right to critcize someone they don't like for doing the same thing.

Soriano is really not a troublemaker or malcontent. From all accounts that I have heard (some of which are firsthand), he is a really nice and even humble person. I don't blame him for indicating that he wants to play 2B. As a 2B he is much more valuable both in FBB and IRL. The tone of the request was, as usual, blown out of proportion by the media in order to generate interest and create controversy. And obviously, its working. ;-)
Scarp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:00 pm

Then again, his defense has kind of been a knock on him too, if it turned out he could play OF better than he plays 2B, he might actually make himself a bit more valuable, position scarcity notwithstanding? :-?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers