So how long before Soriano has his tantrum?... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

So how long before Soriano has his tantrum?...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

So how long before Soriano has his tantrum?...

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:50 pm

I can see it now..."I am the 2b...I am not playing the OF...Bowden is a fool...they are going to have to trade me...It is best for any team that I get whatever I want."

Rotoworld:
Nationals manager Jim Bowden reiterated yesterday that Jose Vidro is his second baseman and he hopes Alfonso Soriano will accept a move to the outfield.
"If Vidro is healthy, Vidro is our second baseman," Bowden said. "Jose Vidro is not a player that has other places he can play and be as effective as he is at second, where we feel that Soriano is so talented that he could move to either center or left field and really help our team." Soriano can probably move to center or left. Really helping the team is another matter entirely. Feb. 10 - 4:41 am et
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:53 pm

At some point Soriano is going to realize he is a FA after this year, suck it up and play OF with a smile. Then he can sign a huge contract to play 2B wherever he wants.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)

Postby Coppermine » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:57 pm

I still think the Nats will give in.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:58 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:At some point Soriano is going to realize he is a FA after this year, suck it up and play OF with a smile. Then he can sign a huge contract to play 2B wherever he wants.

Mr. Soriano is concerned that an OF that goes 260 20/80/90 with 30 SBs isn't going to get as much as he wants....you need to getthe contract BEFORE you turn into Beltran at Shea.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Nat Uralice » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:00 pm

I think it'll be irrelevant once Vidro goes back down with an injury. If not, then I see Soriano stickin through it (after advice from his agent) and moving on after the season.
Can't worry about tomorrow's pain tonight.
Nat Uralice
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:14 pm

Why is it that Soriano continues to get bashed when Piazza, one of the worst defensive catchers ever, always made it a huge deal to move his position?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby cordscords » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:19 pm

Probably later today when he complains he didnt get enough $ in arbitration, even though it's the most $ a player has ever gotten through it.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby benjapage » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:19 pm

piazza annoys me far worse than soriano. agreed, yoda.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:21 pm

Yoda wrote:Why is it that Soriano continues to get bashed when Piazza, one of the worst defensive catchers ever, always made it a huge deal to move his position?

Because outside of being a wuss, Piazza was generally liked and well thought of as a whole both from the media and the fans.

Soriano is a selfish [edit]. Even with the Yanks, we saw garbage like his refusal to run hard all the time, his repeated admiring of balls he thought were out and weren't, his resitance to a move to the OF, his refusal to taking hitting instruction and adjust that ridiculous swing from the heels at EVERYTHING approach of his (and the K rate that ensued).
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:27 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
Yoda wrote:Why is it that Soriano continues to get bashed when Piazza, one of the worst defensive catchers ever, always made it a huge deal to move his position?

Because outside of being a wuss, Piazza was generally liked and well thought of as a whole both from the media and the fans.

Soriano is a selfish a**hole. Even with the Yanks, we saw garbage like his refusal to run hard all the time, his repeated admiring of balls he thought were out and weren't, his resitance to a move to the OF, his refusal to taking hitting instruction and adjust that ridiculous swing from the heels at EVERYTHING approach of his (and the K rate that ensued).

Yeah Soriano is such a terrible human being and a player that he will be commanding $12M+ per yearl.

I don't see what the big deal is. He switched his position from 3B to 2B. He is not the best defensive player but still, I can understand why he doesn't want to switch to OF at this point in time.

How is this any worse than Piazza not wanting to switch position because he wants to rack up his stats as the best offensive C ever? Instead of doing what is best for the team?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers