Cash Cab - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Cash Cab

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cash Cab

Postby Coppermine » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:36 am

I thought I'd take a time out to tell you guys about the best trivia game show since Jeopardy. Yeah, that's right.

It's call Cash Cab and it's on the Discovery channel from 6-7 PM EST. So this is what happens... people unsuspectingly get into a New York City cab. They tell the driver where they're going and without warning, the ceiling starts flashing! "You're in the Cash Cab, it's a TV game show that takes place right here in this cab!"

Wow! Awesome! But it's so much fun, these people are like "Huh, ok" and this cab driver starts asking them questions on the way to their destination. If they get three wrong, he kicks them out of the cab with no money. But, if they don't know the answer to a question, they have two choices: a mobile shoutout where they can call anyone they want on a cell phone and ask them the question, or a street shoutout, where the cab pulls over and they ask some random person on the street their question.

It's so awesome. Anyone see it?
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:52 am

I have seen this show several times in the last couple of weeks or so. Luckily in the winter most of the time, I can get home by 6 to watch a little TV. I love the street shoutout part of the show, especially when the "street" person is scared and does not want to help the contestant out.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:06 pm

I find this show very entertaining. I had no idea it existed until about a week ago, and I find it very fun. I like it as well because I get about 90-95% of the questions right, and if I'm sitting with my buddies and/or fiance, we can generally get every single question of an entire episode, which means if we ever end up in that thing, we're in business. :-b

Anyway, I think it's a great show run on a ridiculously small budget, and it's nice seeing fools get 3 of their first 5 questions wrong and get booted 30 blocks from their destination. :-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 307)

Postby dream_017 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:19 pm

Haven't seen it, but I think I am going to have to make sure that I tune in to an episode. Sounds interesting
dream_017
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

CafeholicFootball ModLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:40 pm

My wife loves this show....
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby acsguitar » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:07 pm

Thanks for posting this a day late. I lost this question at trivia on wednesday.

GOSH!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:29 pm

Sounds like a good show. I'll have to try and remember to tune in and check it out. :-) ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Coppermine » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:01 pm

FYI: It's on now... on the East Coast anyway.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:48 pm

Coppermine wrote:FYI: It's on now... on the East Coast anyway.

Stupid East Coast bias
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Re: Cash Cab

Postby danleroi22 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:05 pm

Coppermine wrote:I thought I'd take a time out to tell you guys about the best trivia game show since Jeopardy. Yeah, that's right.

It's call Cash Cab and it's on the Discovery channel from 6-7 PM EST. So this is what happens... people unsuspectingly get into a New York City cab. They tell the driver where they're going and without warning, the ceiling starts flashing! "You're in the Cash Cab, it's a TV game show that takes place right here in this cab!"

Wow! Awesome! But it's so much fun, these people are like "Huh, ok" and this cab driver starts asking them questions on the way to their destination. If they get three wrong, he kicks them out of the cab with no money. But, if they don't know the answer to a question, they have two choices: a mobile shoutout where they can call anyone they want on a cell phone and ask them the question, or a street shoutout, where the cab pulls over and they ask some random person on the street their question.

It's so awesome. Anyone see it?

lol... wow... I'm suprised to see this here!

I watch this show every weeknight... it's one of my favorites!

A fantastic show! ;-D
[b]Thanks Franchise for the sig!

The [url=http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2014799#2014799]CTU Agents[/url] of the Aces High Cafe Challenge League.[/b]
danleroi22 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to General Talk