When drafting Pitchers in 5 X 5 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

When drafting Pitchers in 5 X 5

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

When drafting Pitchers in 5 X 5

Postby Wyatt » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:38 am

This may have already been discussed before & if so please direct me in the right direction.

Question do you mainly look at pitchers with a low WHIP(under what ? & a high K/9 (in particular what Ex. 7 or higher). Seems I saw this as a suggestion somewhere or other & I could really use some help.

Any suggestions I'd appreciate it. I've mainly played in H2H or points leagues but have played in a ROTO league the last few years & just haven't done to well on the pitching side of things.
Wyatt
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tms298 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:55 am

I look for good ERAs and WHIPs in all pitchers, and I try to balance wins and strikeouts. If I have a guy with good wins but low k's, I try to complement him with a guy with high k's (and probably lower wins just because there are only so many great pitchers to go around).
tms298
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:06 am

WHIP is a very good indicator. Next would be kd9, since a good or increasing k rate is usually a sign a pitcher hasor is getting his act together. ERA is important, but pitchers can get lucky with a few well placed errors bailing them out of taking a few tankings on the ER side.

Another good thing to do is look at the opponents faced. Guys that beat up on lame teams and get pummelled by the big hitting teams are usually not good bets longterm.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers