How can Yahoo improve fantasy baseball? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How can Yahoo improve fantasy baseball?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby WittyC » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:14 am

No more Funston! !+)

Sorry... I guess that's not terribly relevant.

I play a lot of H2H, and being able to pick the tie-breaker cat would be nice. The champ of my league in '03 and '05 won a total of five rounds, including both championships, on the ERA tiebreaker.

I'd also like to be able to set the league schedule and structure (divide into leagues and divisions). I think it would add some charm to the H2H format.

I did notice that this year, at least in Plus leagues, there is a "Record Book" page that may include some interesting info for H2H leagues. Most of the info on there I kept myself on my league's webpage, but it was pretty time-consuming. It might put me over the edge to finally force my league to shell out for the league plus.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kelly Gruber » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:49 am

If they improved the stats for all the players, so that it included diverse statistics (for instance SB's let up by a pitcher), that would be really good to find trends and indicators in players. Right now, I use another site to find the unusual stats, but it is in Yahoo's interest to keep me and anybody else in the same boat on the one website. Who knows, maybe they will diversify.
An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer
Kelly Gruber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rjforlife » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:02 am

ironman wrote:How about being able to boot a manager if they're inactive for more than 30 days and being able to invite a new manager to take over.

Sandbox used to boot you if you didn't check your team after 30 days or so. They then let people just take over the dead teams.

Oh Sandbox, does anyone still use them? :-? I used to love them until they bent us over with their horrible transition from free to pay.

sandbox was the greatest....we used to use it for football and baseball in 7th grade about 10 years ago. and we did autopick drafts. my how far fantasy baseball has come.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 738)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:21 am

Definitely keeper league support.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Wyatt » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:46 am

JoeMoney19 wrote:how about fixing the pre-draft ranking page so you don't have to click each player individually to move them over to the list you can adjust...that makes me want to shoot myself in the face

Really It's a pain to rank players At least at sandbox you just changed the number beside each name hit enter & you were done.
Wyatt
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby swyck » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:25 pm

Wyatt wrote:
JoeMoney19 wrote:how about fixing the pre-draft ranking page so you don't have to click each player individually to move them over to the list you can adjust...that makes me want to shoot myself in the face

Really It's a pain to rank players At least at sandbox you just changed the number beside each name hit enter & you were done.

Yes, being able to modify the pre-draft ranking easier would be very useful. Especially if we just import our own ranking. Its a real pain to pre-rank the way things are.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Coppermine » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:31 pm

swyck wrote:
Wyatt wrote:

Yes, being able to modify the pre-draft ranking easier would be very useful. Especially if we just import our own ranking. Its a real pain to pre-rank the way things are.

Yesterday I pre-ranked about 400 players. It took forever because I had to do it one at a time from my excel sheets. Then, I clicked save and I got an error; it said that I ranked more players than are draftable by the league and that I had to cut down my pre-rankings to something like 250. Buzzkill.

So, I had to delete the players in my pre-rank queue one at a time (you can't select multiple players from your pre-rankings) and I cut it down to about 200, and boom, same error. Finally, I clicked on the old school ranking list and it saved; only 10 players!

Anyway, it was a real pain. I spent a lot of time pre-ranking and now I have to do it over again. I did the pre-rankings from a league where there are only 10 teams, but i have another league with 20 teams. So I'm afraid if I rank, say, 300 players in my 20-team league, I won't be able to export those rankings to my other leagues where I have less than 20 teams.

Yeah, seriously, pre-rankings a pain.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby tuff_gong » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:32 pm

Being able to input the trading of draft picks, and putting actual pictures for your team logo instead of the little avatar guy.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:34 pm

Coppernob wrote:one HUGE request:
be able to handle keeper choices BEORE the live draft. i.e. give the commish the chance to eliminate players from the list
Plus leagues let you do that.

I would want to see salary caps.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Coppermine » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:36 pm

Coppernob wrote:one HUGE request:
be able to handle keeper choices BEORE the live draft. i.e. give the commish the chance to eliminate players from the list

HEY! There's only room for one Cu at the cafe!

Just kidding yo, nice name.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers