How can Yahoo improve fantasy baseball? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How can Yahoo improve fantasy baseball?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nmm » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:31 pm

AtlDynasty25 wrote:
nmm wrote:I'd like an export to excel or text file from the pre-rankings list, and also for the final drafts results.

Why not just copy and paste it into excel?

Usually yahoo have some sort of numbering prefix next to the pre ranking names or have the draft results in a table, making it difficult to just select the names you want in the right format. But overall for a free site, its great.
nmm
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby theclefe » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:40 pm

ironman wrote:How about being able to boot a manager if they're inactive for more than 30 days and being able to invite a new manager to take over.

Sandbox used to boot you if you didn't check your team after 30 days or so. They then let people just take over the dead teams.

Oh Sandbox, does anyone still use them? :-? I used to love them until they bent us over with their horrible transition from free to pay.

Agreed. trim the dead weight.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby beatdrum » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:44 pm

This may be asking too much, but how about public NL only or AL only leagues with default settings. I like drafting in NL only drafts, but usually have to settle for a private league with weird settings. It would also be nice to compete in a Yahoo Plus league that was NL only.
beatdrum
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Third Day » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:02 pm

When looking for a league to join, it would be nice to be able to jump to a date your interested in rather than having to go through the entire list of leagues.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 274)

Postby Wharton93 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:23 am

Aces Wild wrote:Id like to see rotisserie stats, in h2h leagues so you know how good you are in certain categories.

This already exists in HTH leagues and has for a couple years. It's in a non obvious link, but it's in there.
Wharton93
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DK » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:27 am

Have the option for an Auction style draft with basic hard cap rules ($260, can't go over under any circumstances).

Have an option for keeper leagues, so no inputting preseason necessary. Also have the option for how many years kept, if it's an auction keep the $ value, etc.

That would make Yahoo! 100 times better.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:29 am

ironman wrote:How about being able to boot a manager if they're inactive for more than 30 days and being able to invite a new manager to take over.

Sandbox used to boot you if you didn't check your team after 30 days or so. They then let people just take over the dead teams.

Oh Sandbox, does anyone still use them? :-? I used to love them until they bent us over with their horrible transition from free to pay.

first started at sandbox....i didnt even know they still were afloat :-?

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SoxAndTheCity » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:34 am

How about something simple like sprucing up that horrible message interface with something with threads and stuff like from the 1990's instead of the dark ages??? :-D
SoxAndTheCity
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JoeMoney19 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:37 am

how about fixing the pre-draft ranking page so you don't have to click each player individually to move them over to the list you can adjust...that makes me want to shoot myself in the face
JoeMoney19
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DCNats » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:44 am

The ability to do multiple stat sorts simultaneously. You can already sort by 1B, 2B etc. then HRs, SBs etc., why not HRs then BA?
DCNats
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers