Bigger Crybabies - Cubs fans or Red Sox fans? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bigger Crybabies - Cubs fans or Red Sox fans?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bigger Crybabies - Cubs fans or Red Sox fans?

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:29 am

wahhhhhhhhhhh -- they both cry and moan and want to change the rules when things don't go their way. Yeah, Prior pitched a beautiful game but his bullpen came in and blew it. Damn shame, but part of the game. Happens to everybody. But no, Cubbie fans want to change the rules for the Wins category now. hahahahahahahahaha

I'd be more pissed off about the abuse of Prior. At this rate, the kid's arm will explode by the end of the season and he'll be about as useful as that piece of cork in Sammy the Steroid's bat.

Here's a Kleenex...... boo hoooooooooooooo :,-( :,-( :,-( :,-( :,-( :,-( :,-( :,-( :,-( :,-( :,-( :,-( :,-( :,-( :,-( :,-( :,-( :,-( :,-(

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Leiter Fan » Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:36 am

Neither one of them are nearly as bad as a Yankee fan, who cries, moans and acts like he's been violated every time another team has the audacity to interfere with the Yankees' self-perceived birthright of winning the World Series every year.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:40 am

I would say you're the most annoying.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dr.DooM » Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:50 am

I'd have to say Red Sox fans. It's literally become a tradition to mope about how their team is cursed. In addition, they've turned their misery towards their own players who become successful after they were dumped by the team. Talk about sour grapes.

They had their chance in '86 but they blew it. Since they couldn't blame the Yankees (and blaming the Mets isn't the same) they decided to crucify Bill Buckner despite the fact that they still could have won if they didn't already give up on game 7. Go ahead and try to mention game 7 to a Red Sock fan. All you get is a blank stare followed by some facial twitching. Then their face gets all red and start fuming about the damn Yankees and how Clemens is a traitor.

Is Bill Buckner still alive? Last I heard he was force to leave Massachusetts due to death threats against him and his family but I don't know if he made it out alive.
Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
Dr.DooM
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:59 am

Yes, Buckner actually is still alive.

He gave an interview the other day, and I felt hella sorry for the guy, he was actually crushed and scared of the people around him...

Postby Leiter Fan » Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:10 pm

Last I heard, Buckner was living in Arizona. In fact, for awhile, during offseasons, he and Mookie Wilson would tour, autographing photgraphs of the Game 6 play.

The really sad thing about all that, as far as Buckner is concerned is:
(a) he shouldn't have even been in there, and should have been pulled for a defensive replacement because of his bad legs;
(b) even if he caught the ball cleanly, he was back on the grass and possibly still wouldn't have beaten Mookie to the bag with his creaky legs;
(c) the tying run had already scored one pitch earlier on a wild pitch by Stanley, so the best Buckner could've done was bring the game to extra innings (and in retrospect Stanley should've been the one crucified).

But now he is imortalized for all time for a loss that really wasn't even his fault.

And Trans, I'll bet 20-1 that you're a Yankee fan. Sensitive, aren't we?
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:18 pm

Also interesting is Red Sox fans irrational hatred of Roger Clemens. He did not leave Boston by choice , the powers that be chose not to re-sign him, saying he was "in the twilight of his career". This from the franchise that picked up David Cone last year, LOL.

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:18 pm

Sorry, Leiter fan, that was not directed at you. And, don't go to Las Vegas.

I'm not sure anyone could possibly insult me more--me, a Yankee fan? Uggh.

You know who the most annoying fans are this year, which I suspect this guest is? Let's see, they were Diamondback fans this year, now they're Angels fans. They piss me off.

And the fact that at Arizona games--at least at the start of their existence--they gave out cards to fans to explain the game amazes me.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby YankFan51 » Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:19 pm

I give up arguing with Red Sox fans. They are clearly full of complaints and excuses. They are much worse than Cubs fans, although I'm starting to see the ugly side of Cubs fans.
My hair's turnin' white, my neck's always been red, my collar's still blue
We've always been here tryin' to sing the truth to you
Guess you could say we've always been red white and blue
"Red White and Blue," Lynyrd Skynyrd
YankFan51
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BeautifulBrunette » Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:22 pm

Anonymous wrote:Also interesting is Red Sox fans irrational hatred of Roger Clemens. He did not leave Boston by choice , the powers that be chose not to re-sign him, saying he was "in the twilight of his career". This from the franchise that picked up David Cone last year, LOL.

And who could forget the brillliant acquisition of 102 year old Brent Saberhagen either?
BeautifulBrunette
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers