Albert Belle 1st Round? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Albert Belle 1st Round?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:48 am

Come on now...if Ozzie Smith is HOF worthy, Belle surely is...along with just about everyone else.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ThatDude » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:55 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Come on now...if Ozzie Smith is HOF worthy, Belle surely is...along with just about everyone else.

Sure.

Let's get some HoF support for Walt Weiss and Gary Gaetti while we are at it too.

Everyone who ever played pro ball at any level should be in the Hall of Fame, because they all got some degree of fame from playing the game.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:56 am

ThatDude wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Come on now...if Ozzie Smith is HOF worthy, Belle surely is...along with just about everyone else.

Sure.

Let's get some HoF support for Walt Weiss and Gary Gaetti while we are at it too.

Everyone who ever played pro ball at any level should be in the Hall of Fame, because they all got some degree of fame from playing the game.

And just about all of them were better hitters than Smith and his 660-ish OPS.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ThatDude » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:02 am

TheYanks04 wrote:
ThatDude wrote:

Sure.

We've been through this before, and I still don't see how opening the doors for every borderline player is justified because one you don't like player made it in.

I'm one of the bigger Ozzie haters you're likely to ever talk to, but enough is enough already. Let it go. Mattingly or Belle or most of the other so-called snubs don't belong in the Hall just because Ozzie got in.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:06 am

ThatDude wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:
ThatDude wrote:

Sure.

We've been through this before, and I still don't see how opening the doors for every borderline player is justified because one you don't like player made it in.

I'm one of the bigger Ozzie haters you're likely to ever talk to, but enough is enough already. Let it go. Mattingly or Belle or most of the other so-called snubs don't belong in the Hall just because Ozzie got in.

Obviously you have a problem with sarcasm as the argument is not one of support for Belle or the others but sarcastic and total contemptious criticism of Smith and his defensive stathead backers/apologists.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby clevername » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:07 am

baseball is not all batting/fantasy statistics.

One of the greatest defensive SS in the history of the game is certainly worthy of HOF consideration.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby ThatDude » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:11 am

TheYanks04 wrote:
ThatDude wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:
ThatDude wrote:

Sure.

Obviously you have a problem with sarcasm as the argument is not one of support for Belle or the others but sarcastic and total contemptious criticism of Smith and his defensive stathead backers/apologists.

First, I've never had a problem with sarcasm. My post about Wiess and Gaetti was brimming over with it.

Second, as much as I greatly dislike Ozzie, he does belong in the HoF, plain and simple.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:12 am

clevername wrote:baseball is not all batting/fantasy statistics.

One of the greatest defensive SS in the history of the game is certainly worthy of HOF consideration.

ahh...no he isn't. Name the non-Catcher members of the HOF prior to Smith and Mazeroski that got in based solely on their glove work?

Name the non-pitchers that got in in the modern era with an OPS worse than Smiths?

You might be able to find a couple, but frankly, I doubt it.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby crapshooter » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:51 am

In straight AL auction league he always went anywhere from 35 to 45. I had him several times and loved the way he could turn a fastball around
You don't have to like 'em to own 'em!!!!
crapshooter
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Steve-o » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:42 am

I saw this and remembered this thread.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers