Is Jason Kendall still one of the top ten catchers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Is Jason Kendall still one of the top ten catchers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Jason Kendall still one of the top ten catchers

Postby morton590 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:53 pm

I think he is a very good defensive catcher, but ever since he left Pittsburgh he has been on a donw fall in hiiting. He had no home runs last year and batted under .300. Do u think he is going to make a comback?
morton590
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:16 pm

I think he is close to the top 10. He's not a .270 hitter like he showed last year, but I still wouldn't expect any power.

btw - It is kinda hard for Kendall to be a good defensive catcher when his CS% was .179% last year.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:30 pm

I wouldn't say he was top 10. As far as im concerned he doesnt have any upside. he wont hit you hrs, and while his average could be fairly good, why not take the risk of one of the younger guys and hope for the next victor martinez?

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Another Blown Save » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:54 pm

He is on my "Do not draft" list.
I would probably take my chances with one of the rookie catchers, rathar then draft Kendall.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby AdvRider » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:20 pm

Another Blown Save wrote:He is on my "Do not draft" list.
I would probably take my chances with one of the rookie catchers, rathar then draft Kendall.

Excellent idea. I just did the same. There's something wrong in the universe when a starting AL catcher is outhomered by Kip Wells, Jason Schmidt, A.J. Burnett, Brad Hennessy, and Josh Beckett. That 0 in Kendall's HR column is as hideous as it is conspicuous. :-P
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Philly Pride » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:23 pm

AdvRider wrote:

Excellent idea. I just did the same. There's something wrong in the universe when a starting AL catcher is outhomered by Kip Wells, Jason Schmidt, A.J. Burnett, Brad Hennessey, and Josh Beckett. That 0 in Kendall's HR column is as hideous as it is conspicuous. :-P

Don't forget Ray Sadler, Brandon Watson, and the amazingly still living pinch-hit wonder Lenny Harris ;-D
Philly Pride
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby The Thrill » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:01 pm

I don't have him top 10, but I would take him over a rook. And hopefully, nobody's drafting him for his power (been a while since he's had that).

If we excluded his horrid August, he batted .313 from June on (of course, that's excluding a horrid August). That's not too bad. What I'm more concerned about is whether he can squeeze out a few more Runs this season. He needs to be in the mid-80's (to compliment a .300+ average) to be valuable IMO. :-?
The Thrill
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby MotorCityKitties » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:54 pm

;-D If you are getting almost zero production out of your C position, why not take a chance on a young kid.
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ehk103 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:19 pm

Say no to Kendall.
Çapt. Nintendo
ehk103
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby colt4523 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

I am staying away from him. The zero HRs is one of the main reasons. Did I mentioned he hit zero Hr's last year.
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates