Amongst 2b, where do you have Lowell ranked? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Amongst 2b, where do you have Lowell ranked?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:25 am

TheYanks04 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Aces Wild wrote:I dont have high expectations of Lowell. Around 65/15/75/.260

i think there are much better options

Not sure about that. Lowell has been a pretty consistent player for a long time and 2005 came out of nowhere.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/613 ... P0fTiFCLcF

I think he is primed for a comback season and a very good sleeper going into 06.

:-P

So was Brett Boone and Sosa before roids were tested seriously. A drop off like that is either injury related, age related or roid related. Since he is not old and since there were no injuries openly reported, one has to assume he was a juicer. This was not some rokkie having a sophmore slump.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SilentReader » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:31 am

rainman23 wrote:He sounds like a decent sleeper to me, provided he actually gets a few At Bat's. Is he projected as a starter in that lineup? He obviously won't DH. And I would have thought Loretta and Youkilis would have the inside track at 2nd and 3rd. Where do people expect his AB's to come from?

Red Sox homer here, and I can tell you confidently that lowell will start everyday at 3B. Lowell will never play 2B. Loretta/Graffanino will play there, and if they're both out, Alex Cora can play there, and if not them, then they'll bring Pedroia up. Snow and Youkilis will platoon at 1B, and occasionally Youkilis will play 3B and Give Lowell a rest.

I don't really have to worry about how Lowell will do, since in my leagues you need 15 games to qualify for a position. But since I'm a sox fan I do care how he'll do and since I'm on a sports talk radio show at my college, I've had to talk about how I think he'll do. I think that being in a better lineup and park will help, but you also have to remember that he's layed his whole career in the NL, and will take some time to get used to the AL pitchers. And who knows if he'll be able to handle Boston and it's large market and media attention? Just look what happened to Edgar Renteria last year. What we thought we were getting and what we got were two opposite things. I don't think Lowell was on the juice though, since he never really was that big of a power threat, and it's not like he went from hitting 20 a year every year to 50, and then to 15, he was simply at 25 every year and then had an off year to 8.
i don't post much,but i'm always lurking...

best fantasy games site = SandboxPlus.com!!
SilentReader
College Coach
College Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby auclairkeithbc » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:45 am

I think he can be a top 10 2B.
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

Previous