Top Players that you just don't like - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top Players that you just don't like

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby tal1286 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:16 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
kidnemisis wrote:Andruw Jones- I had him last year, and sure those homer surges were great, but his inconsistency is just annoying. I know people will say its roto, who cares, but if given two nearly identical statlines i'll take the guy who is consistent and doesn't make me tear my hair out with a terrible month.

As for the A-Rod argument, any real Yankee fan knows that he is a great talent. The performing in the clutch thing is the stupidest thing in sports because a 10 year veteran could be 0 for his playoff career and be labeled "unclutch" then have 2 good years and suddenly that label disappears. The sports world just loves to label people. If anything A-Rod's problem is that he thinks things over too much and just wants to say the perfect thing. But u know what? We deride players who act like a-holes, but we also get on guys who try to please the world. Bottom line? A-Rod is a once in a lifetime talent and I enjoy watching his effortless home runs and constant hustling.

And all for a man who has won NADA.

Disappeared in the second half of the ALCS in 2004. as did jeter, rivera, and the entire yanks lineup
Disappeared last year in the playoffs.
Both leading to his team's elimination (the 2004 ALCS I will NEVER forgive him for either). You're digging yourself a hole. Will you forgive Jeter? Will you forgive Rivera? OK, then give A-Rod the same chance you are giving him cause it is non-sensical not to. He's been to the playoffs with the yankees twice. Once, the entire team choked, once he played decently. Shut up, please.
[/b]

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tal1286 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:18 pm

Belle4Hall88 wrote:Fantasy Baseball are Major League Baseball are two different things. So on my fantasy team, I would love to have a-rod. If I was the GM of a team, I would not touch this queer with a 10 foot pole. He is horrible in real life. The guy makes 25.5 million, aka the same price as the entire Devil Rays and Indians lineups. He is a jackass who can't produce when it counts. Just because he hits 42 of his 45 home runs a year off of a Jose Lima in the 7th inning when they are already up by 5 dosn't mean anything to me. He is a stupid uncircumsized moron. For as much as he gets paid you better belive he should have a ring by now. Just wait till this year, if the Yanks make the playoffs I will bet anyone here he hits under .250 and slugs under .500 with zero game winning or tieing hits. I'll never forget that fag slapping the ball out of the first basemens hand like a little sissy. What a joke he is. Give me somebody like Grady Sizemore, Mike Young, David Wright or Jason Bay over this assclown any day of the week.

Tell me, honestly, should we take anything of what you just wrote seriously?

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Nene » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:45 pm

I'm not fond of Bonds.
[b]Founder of the Hilarious Homers League[/b]
Nene Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby kidnemisis » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:55 pm

The shortsightedness here on the A-Rod topic is a little ridiculous. I understand why people dislike him, i stated this earlier. To carry that dislike into his play and to use it as gospel is incorrect however. Yes the man has disappeared at times, against the Angels jeter gets the hit, A-Rod can't get a big hit and its annoying because hes done that before whereas Jeter has gotten so many big hits. But Jeter has come up empty before. I love the Yanks but Shef was pretty bad from what I remember against the Angels as well. Bottom line Bonds was considered a choker in the playoffs until the monster 2001 year. Same will happen with A-Rod and Manning one year, and even if you hate them as people this nonsense will end.
kidnemisis
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bing Hampton » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:37 pm

I don't care for Carl Crawford. Everybody keeps predicting 20+ HR "someday" but his swing is terrible for power. He's probably the best athlete in MLB, but just one muscle tweak and he has almost no value. Not to mention, he almost certainly hit his career high in RBI last year (he hit 3rd for 2 months, do you see him hitting there on the Rays of the next few years?). IMO taking him in the first round puts you in a hole.
Bing Hampton
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers