Top Players that you just don't like - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top Players that you just don't like

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:10 pm

Quick question? Who blew Game 4 of the 04 ALCS, contributing to the greatest collapse in bb history?

Who blew Game 7 of the 01 WS?

Which ss batted 148 in the 01 WS?

Ever hear this brought up by NY fans or media? Of course not. They are media darlings.

Those 3 instances cost NY a ring in 01 clearly, and a trip to the WS in 04.

But you guys dwell on a 15 ab postseason (05), like it was a career.

What he did in Seattle does matter. So you're saying post season stats count more in NY then anywhere else? Arod delivered in 2000 against the NYY, the World Series winner that year. Pretty impressive, if you ask me. Seattle didn't lose in 2000 because of Arod. Had Jeter been drafted by Seattle instead of NY, he would have the same amount of rings as Arod.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Belle4Hall88 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:55 pm

Fantasy Baseball are Major League Baseball are two different things. So on my fantasy team, I would love to have a-rod. If I was the GM of a team, I would not touch this queer with a 10 foot pole. He is horrible in real life. The guy makes 25.5 million, aka the same price as the entire Devil Rays and Indians lineups. He is a jackass who can't produce when it counts. Just because he hits 42 of his 45 home runs a year off of a Jose Lima in the 7th inning when they are already up by 5 dosn't mean anything to me. He is a stupid uncircumsized moron. For as much as he gets paid you better belive he should have a ring by now. Just wait till this year, if the Yanks make the playoffs I will bet anyone here he hits under .250 and slugs under .500 with zero game winning or tieing hits. I'll never forget that fag slapping the ball out of the first basemens hand like a little sissy. What a joke he is. Give me somebody like Grady Sizemore, Mike Young, David Wright or Jason Bay over this assclown any day of the week.
Belle4Hall88 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby J_Cuz » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:00 pm

Belle4Hall88 wrote:Fantasy Baseball are Major League Baseball are two different things. So on my fantasy team, I would love to have a-rod. If I was the GM of a team, I would not touch this queer with a 10 foot pole. He is horrible in real life. The guy makes 25.5 million, aka the same price as the entire Devil Rays and Indians lineups. He is a jackass who can't produce when it counts. Just because he hits 42 of his 45 home runs a year off of a Jose Lima in the 7th inning when they are already up by 5 dosn't mean anything to me. He is a stupid uncircumsized moron. For as much as he gets paid you better belive he should have a ring by now. Just wait till this year, if the Yanks make the playoffs I will bet anyone here he hits under .250 and slugs under .500 with zero game winning or tieing hits. I'll never forget that fag slapping the ball out of the first basemens hand like a little sissy. What a joke he is. Give me somebody like Grady Sizemore, Mike Young, David Wright or Jason Bay over this assclown any day of the week.

'round of Hater-ade for my buddy here!

:-S
www.igglephans.com
J_Cuz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gogogadget » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:11 pm

Mike Piazza --- Braves Fan
Barry Bonds --- Stay away from Aaron's record, you dont deserve it
Juan Pierre --- From a fantasy standpoint he always has an awful day when my fantasy teams need it most...Always.
gogogadget
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby acescount » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:35 pm

dlee- i hate this guy and anyone who thinks he's possibly any good
FLUKE
andruw- hits like 210
rollins- i dont know
miguel cabrera- how is he gonna get any runs or rbis
abreu- doesn't excel in anything whatsoever
cliff floyd
clint barmes
beckett- he's like a career 4.5 era
zach duke FLUKE (that rhymes)
crawford- will never top 300, 20 hr
ichiro-IMO kinda disappeared
carpenter- SUCKED at end of year
garland + beurhle- same as carpenter

THE ENTIRE BOSTON RED SOX TEAM
acescount
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby gogogadget » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:40 pm

acescount wrote:dlee- i hate this guy and anyone who thinks he's possibly any good
FLUKE
andruw- hits like 210
rollins- i dont know
miguel cabrera- how is he gonna get any runs or rbis
abreu- doesn't excel in anything whatsoever
cliff floyd
clint barmes
beckett- he's like a career 4.5 era
zach duke FLUKE (that rhymes)
crawford- will never top 300, 20 hr
ichiro-IMO kinda disappeared
carpenter- SUCKED at end of year
garland + beurhle- same as carpenter

THE ENTIRE BOSTON RED SOX TEAM

do you like anyone?
gogogadget
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby eftda » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:53 pm

urbina
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hersch223 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:02 pm

Tony Womack.

He cost me the World Series in All-Star Baseball '98. Hit a freaking homerun off me.

Tony Womack took me yard. 8 years later it still ticks me off.....
I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.
hersch223
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BigLebowski » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:19 pm

You're right Yanks....Arod will never be as good as ole Scotty B. Your Hall-of-Fame clutch 3-Bagger. You know the guy who is "true" Yankee.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)

Re: Top Players that you just don't like

Postby pat1999 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:33 pm

Yoda wrote:
cordscords wrote:Lets say, for some strange reason, you are avoiding Albert Pujols at all costs come draft day. You dont have any reasons to back it up, but you think he will hit .250 with 10 HR in '06

Now I believe Pujols be the same old Pujols this year, but a couple of guys who go pretty early just really dont excite me.

Travis Hafner, Adam Dunn, Jimmy Rollins are 3 guys that I would draft, but I know for sure I wont end up with any of them on my team because they go too early for my taste.

Why don't I like those guys? I dont know. I have nothing personal against the players, I just dont feel confident in them.

Realistically, Hafner will be going around 3rd, 4th round in mixed leagues. His upside plus the recent trend indicate that he will be worth at least that plus more. There is no reason to not like Hafner except for the fact that he doesn't qualify at a position.

I don't like Michael Young this year. He has well exceeded everyone's expectations in the last two seasons and he is the most likely to disappoint out of anyone in the top 25.

if you get hafner in the 4th round thats a steal...however hes most likely getting picked in 2nd or 3rd round this year..
greatest game on earth
pat1999
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers