Top Players that you just don't like - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top Players that you just don't like

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Thursday » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:19 pm

Guys i don't like, let's see....

Derrek Lee. One good year does not a first round pick make.

Brian Roberts. I don't even know why.

Rich Harden. Keeps getting hurt again and again, and has killed me 2 years running now.

Alfonso Soriano. Not really the top 2B at all, yet people still put him there.

Miguel Tejada. Not really the top SS at all, yet people still put him there.

Just to name a few.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sLim » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:21 pm

HOOTIE wrote:I never understood the, i won't have a guy, cause i don't like him personally? The goal of fantasy is to win. By having Bonds on your team, doesn't mean he's coming over for dinner.

im not sayin i wont draft bonds...i have him on this list cuz i dislike him...ill draft him if hes still available in the 8th-10th rounds...but usually by that time...someone else will take a chance on him...so he most likely wont end up on my lineup...
sLim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:26 pm

I simply won't draft Bonds. I just don't want to root for someone I cannot stand. So that miserable piece of steroidized dung will have to park his ever growing hat on someone else's fantasy rack.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:41 pm

Daring outfield acrobatics, regular banged up ribs, shoulders, regularly on WebGems from playing in and dashing back to make leaping over the shoulder grabs...its......Jim Edmonds !+)
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Yin_Xu88 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:48 pm

moochman wrote:I simply won't draft Bonds. I just don't want to root for someone I cannot stand. So that miserable piece of steroidized dung will have to park his ever growing hat on someone else's fantasy rack.

very true, I wouldnt want to cheer for players that I dont like.
Yin_Xu88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:51 pm

Does anybody in here draft to win only? In other words, drafting players who you may not like, but will help you win. I don't like the NYY, but my teams are loaded with them. If Ted Kennedy could hit 300 with 30 hrs, i would draft that piece of crap.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby dannyolbb » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:54 pm

HOOTIE wrote:Does anybody in here draft to win only? In other words, drafting players who you may not like, but will help you win. I don't like the NYY, but my teams are loaded with them. If Ted Kennedy could hit 300 with 30 hrs, i would draft that piece of crap.

Sure, I do. But if I have two guys ranked even, I'll take the one I would prefer to root for. Luckily, I seem to dislike the overrated and injury risks, so it hasn't hurt me yet.
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:02 pm

HOOTIE wrote:Does anybody in here draft to win only? In other words, drafting players who you may not like, but will help you win. I don't like the NYY, but my teams are loaded with them. If Ted Kennedy could hit 300 with 30 hrs, i would draft that piece of crap.

I totally agree with you. I'm just saying I dislike Young. Would I draft him if it was at the right time? You bet I would.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby giants8307 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:08 pm

By comparison, I wouldn't draft Bill Frist. I play fantasy for fun, not money, so I draft guys I like.
giants8307
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:27 pm

Well I will put Manny on my team any day of the week...any time. Same for Ortiz. Those that play this game and do silly things like bypass a player because they are a fan of a rival are crazy imo.

That said, I do not like Soriano...never have really and now in Wash I really would get no where near the guy on the draft board.

I have always thought Jeter gets picked a round or two too early.

Pedro is an early pick waiting to blow up on someone should his arm fall off.

Same for Carpenter. Bad risk imo.

D. Lee is a very risky pick based on the spike in last year's numbers.

Bonderman and Cliff Lee are getting way too much praise imo.

On the other side, JD Drew is being dropped way too much imo for what amounts to a HBP injury. Granted you can sort of equate him to Prior, but he is falling to the late teen rounds inmany drafts while prior still goes top 6.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers