Top Players that you just don't like - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top Players that you just don't like

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Top Players that you just don't like

Postby cordscords » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:28 pm

Lets say, for some strange reason, you are avoiding Albert Pujols at all costs come draft day. You dont have any reasons to back it up, but you think he will hit .250 with 10 HR in '06

Now I believe Pujols be the same old Pujols this year, but a couple of guys who go pretty early just really dont excite me.

Travis Hafner, Adam Dunn, Jimmy Rollins are 3 guys that I would draft, but I know for sure I wont end up with any of them on my team because they go too early for my taste.

Why don't I like those guys? I dont know. I have nothing personal against the players, I just dont feel confident in them.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sLim » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:34 pm

barry bonds...i dont like him personally...
johan santana...i dont believe in drafting a pitcher in the top 20
andruw jones...his hrs overvalue him and will always go higher then im willing to pay
adam dunn...same as jones
josh beckett...world series hero...all he will ever be in my eyes
sLim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Phatferd » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:39 pm

Santana
Soriano
Tejada
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:43 pm

Bonds - he'll go too early for my taste
Dunn
DTrain
DLee - too early
Figgins - too early
Colon
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Another Blown Save » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:44 pm

Utley
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby fatnub2339 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:47 pm

david ortiz
fatnub2339
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Top Players that you just don't like

Postby Yoda » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:53 pm

cordscords wrote:Lets say, for some strange reason, you are avoiding Albert Pujols at all costs come draft day. You dont have any reasons to back it up, but you think he will hit .250 with 10 HR in '06

Now I believe Pujols be the same old Pujols this year, but a couple of guys who go pretty early just really dont excite me.

Travis Hafner, Adam Dunn, Jimmy Rollins are 3 guys that I would draft, but I know for sure I wont end up with any of them on my team because they go too early for my taste.

Why don't I like those guys? I dont know. I have nothing personal against the players, I just dont feel confident in them.

Realistically, Hafner will be going around 3rd, 4th round in mixed leagues. His upside plus the recent trend indicate that he will be worth at least that plus more. There is no reason to not like Hafner except for the fact that he doesn't qualify at a position.

I don't like Michael Young this year. He has well exceeded everyone's expectations in the last two seasons and he is the most likely to disappoint out of anyone in the top 25.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ActionHero » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:54 pm

Utley
Dunn
Reyes
Damon
Konerko
ActionHero
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Top Players that you just don't like

Postby j24jags » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:56 pm

Yoda wrote:
cordscords wrote:Lets say, for some strange reason, you are avoiding Albert Pujols at all costs come draft day. You dont have any reasons to back it up, but you think he will hit .250 with 10 HR in '06

Realistically, Hafner will be going around 3rd, 4th round in mixed leagues. His upside plus the recent trend indicate that he will be worth at least that plus more. There is no reason to not like Hafner except for the fact that he doesn't qualify at a position.

I don't like Michael Young this year. He has well exceeded everyone's expectations in the last two seasons and he is the most likely to disappoint out of anyone in the top 25.

i strongly disagree with that hafner prediction, i think hell be going late 2nd to mid 3rd in mixed leagues. anyways, i dont like:
a jones
a dunn
crawford-for where he goes i think you need more than a 3-category contributor
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby beatdrum » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:57 pm

I don't know if Adam Dunn qualifies. You pretty much know you're going to get 35-40 homeruns with a so-so batting average and a ton of strikeouts. A lot of people will be avoiding him. I think the idea is to come up with someone who will go in the first or second round of your draft, but will not be on your team because you have a hunch.

I had a hunch last year about Carlos Beltran. I don't know why but I thought he was highly overrated. Of course I thought the same thing about Roger Clemens.

This year I'll go with...Bobby Abreu
beatdrum
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers