Francisco Liriano - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Francisco Liriano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Francisco Liriano

Postby Invictus » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:11 pm

Been awhile since i've been around here, but i have Liriano as one of my minor league keepers in my league, and was wondering everyone's predictions for him this year. For as good as this guy is there's surprisingly little hype about him. Last year at AAA Rochester, Liriano posted a jaw-dropping 1.78 ERA and a 9-2 record. He came up for a few games with the twins at the end of the season and didn't perform very well, but it's fairly obvious he has nothing left to prove at the AAA level.

Anyway, enough preaching about how much i'm looking forward to seeing this guy, what are everyone's predictions?

*note* - not sure if this is the right section for this, feel free to move it if it's in the wrong spot.
Invictus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mutant_inFectd_Smurf » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:52 am

Francisco Liriano - He has a very good fastball and good change up. Seems to have good command of his pitches and could get 180 K's this season in the majors. With J. Mays being a free agent and K. Lohse on the trading block, Liriano has a good shot of a spot in the rotation. He has a huge upside if he can stay healthy.
Mutant_inFectd_Smurf
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby LumberJack5 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:06 am

Very little hype around this guy? I dont know where you have been but that does not seem like the case. Everyone wants him, every mag has him as its top sleeper. This guy is overhyped if you ask me. He is supertalented but he has not proven himself at the major league level and might not even make the Twins rotation. As for projections I've seen some that dont have him in the Twins rotation until mid-season and so his overall stats are not very good and I've seen other projections that have him striking out 200 and posting a 3.60 ERA. Somewhere inbetween there is probly right. He should be solid and will give you alot of Ks it just depends on how many innings he gets. And whether or not he makes the rotation out of ST.
LumberJack5
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Francisco Liriano

Postby Purple Haze » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:48 am

Invictus wrote:Been awhile since i've been around here, but i have Liriano as one of my minor league keepers in my league, and was wondering everyone's predictions for him this year. For as good as this guy is there's surprisingly little hype about him. Last year at AAA Rochester, Liriano posted a jaw-dropping 1.78 ERA and a 9-2 record. He came up for a few games with the twins at the end of the season and didn't perform very well, but it's fairly obvious he has nothing left to prove at the AAA level.

Anyway, enough preaching about how much i'm looking forward to seeing this guy, what are everyone's predictions?

*note* - not sure if this is the right section for this, feel free to move it if it's in the wrong spot.

Liriano should be a top of the rotation guy eventually, and may even compete with Santana for Cy Young's..He has that much upside.. As for this year... he is fighting for the 5th spot in the rotation, with Kyle Lohse, and Scott Baker... With Lohse probably getting the nod at first, but will lose that spot quickly (I apologize if I've miss spelled his Name..Kyle Lohse :-? )

anyway... Liriano should eventually get a spot in the rotation at some point this season, and I think sooner rather than later...(Wouldn't be surprised to see him start off the season in the rotation) He probably won't dominate this year, but you never know! :-°

Future allstar..and a Sweet Minor League Keeper player!

Hope that helps ;-D
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates