Sleeper 2b and ss - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sleeper 2b and ss

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BigLebowski » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:25 am

Two of my favorite picks this year will be Jose Castillo, and Junior Spivey. Both can be had VERY late and have the potential to produce good numbers. ;-D
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 467)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JakeTrain72 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:57 pm

I love Barmes and you might get him 10th round or later. He will be knocking on the doorstep of the top 5 ss. He will probably have similar stats to Felipe Lopez, who will be taken 3 rounds before Barmes.

At second I wouldnt mind snatching up Luis Castillo late. Not going to put up gaudy numbers but he should be on par with some of the guys taken in the middle rounds. maybe more of a value sleeper i suppose.
JakeTrain72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Niffoc4 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:24 pm

BigLebowski wrote:Two of my favorite picks this year will be Jose Castillo, and Junior Spivey. Both can be had VERY late and have the potential to produce good numbers. ;-D

I like both (and took Spivey in my 20 team keeper league)... but I also wonder what we are talking about as 'sleepers'.... in my mind anyone already in the top 10 2bmen is not a sleeper (i.e. Polanco, Ellis, Belliard) A deep sleeper who hit well in the minors and has zero competition at 2b is Jose Lopez... he could go 15-15 easy, and if he ups his avg, then he could catapult into the top 10
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Big Tiex » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:22 pm

I like Hardy, spivey, hall and kinsner
Big Tiex
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Blade » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:46 pm

Put me on the Kinsler bandwagon, if he can beat out DeRosa for the starting 2B gig in Texas.
Blade
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Niffoc4 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:07 pm

Blade wrote:Put me on the Kinsler bandwagon, if he can beat out DeRosa for the starting 2B gig in Texas.
I am also worried about D'Angelo Jimenz beating him out... though Jimenez tends to flame out quickly wherever he goes...
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:07 pm

BigLebowski wrote:Two of my favorite picks this year will be Jose Castillo, and Junior Spivey. Both can be had VERY late and have the potential to produce good numbers. ;-D

Finally someone said J. Castillo! ;-D

If Jack Wilson does bad enough I hope that Tracy at least tries Castillo at #2. He sees the fastball well, hits to the gaps quite a bit, and can maybe hit 15 HR's. He doesn't steal though so I suppose that is a drawback. I have been wanting to see what he can do higher in the order for about a year now, so maybe with the new coach he gets a chance...
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby gbrown » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:33 pm

an extremely deep sleeper is Jose Lopez in Seattle. He looks a long way off if you look at his numbers the past two seasons, but he's only 22 and I've read comparisons to Tejada at this age.
gbrown
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers