The Da Vinci Code - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Da Vinci Code

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:34 pm

Who cares if it was one day or two? Finding the holy grail, disproving the catholic church, getting the girl, hiding the holy grail again, and basically saving the world is impressive enough even in two days.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:40 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Who cares if it was one day or two? Finding the holy grail, disproving the catholic church, getting the girl, hiding the holy grail again, and basically saving the world is impressive enough even in two days.

If he was any kind of real hero he could have done it in one day. ;-7
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:40 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Who cares if it was one day or two? Finding the holy grail, disproving the catholic church, getting the girl, hiding the holy grail again, and basically saving the world is impressive enough even in two days.

Yea exactly.. My plan takes place over at least 5 days
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:24 am

knapplc wrote:

If he was *cough cough* Jack Bauer!! hee hee!! :-D

I think that the book was interesting but the history of this stuff is much deeper and requires a lot more history. I read one of the 'Behind the DaVinci Code' books that explained that the whole Gnostic Gospels about kissing or whatever was based on a single letter of a word, the rest of which had disintigrated so it was a guess at best what it REALLY said.

There's a dude named Graham Hancock who is like the DaVinci Code + Erik Von Daniken + Dock Ellis and his girlfriend after they gobbled a bunch of acid = Space aliens came and helped Jesus escape after they built the pyramids if you are REALLY into that stuff. When I used to party a lot, those were some entertaining books to read...heh heh heh... :-?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby ukrneal » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:40 am

I love the fact that is has generated so much interest in actually fnding out the facts by so many people. Book's fun, but nothing too earth-shattering.

The Donna Tartt books are excellent! I would second those as well. Her second book was good too.

I would wait to read Angels and Demons if you just read Da Vinci Code. It's too similar.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AEMRICH » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:34 pm

Tom Hanks is ok but i really didn't picture him playing the lead role. I have never heard of the girl playing sophie but i have a feeling that they won't leave the fans unhappy. come on summer 2006
College Tuition: $12,000
Room & Board: $5,600
Books: $500
Food Plan: $2000
Not going to college and living with your parents: Priceless
AEMRICH
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:35 pm

ukrneal wrote:I love the fact that is has generated so much interest in actually fnding out the facts by so many people. Book's fun, but nothing too earth-shattering.

The Donna Tartt books are excellent! I would second those as well. Her second book was good too.

I would wait to read Angels and Demons if you just read Da Vinci Code. It's too similar.

I don't plan on really reading any of his other books...but I really did like the Da Vinci Code
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:37 pm

AEMRICH wrote:Tom Hanks is ok but i really didn't picture him playing the lead role. I have never heard of the girl playing sophie but i have a feeling that they won't leave the fans unhappy. come on summer 2006

The person they got to play Sophie was exactly who I was picturing when I read the book; it's the chick from Amelie... French film anyone?
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:40 pm

Coppermine wrote:
AEMRICH wrote:Tom Hanks is ok but i really didn't picture him playing the lead role. I have never heard of the girl playing sophie but i have a feeling that they won't leave the fans unhappy. come on summer 2006

The person they got to play Sophie was exactly who I was picturing when I read the book; it's the chick from Amelie... French film anyone?

My girlfriend has it I guess I'll see who it is..or you could post an image or give us a name
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:40 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:
knapplc wrote:

If he was *cough cough* Jack Bauer!! hee hee!! :-D

I think that the book was interesting but the history of this stuff is much deeper and requires a lot more history. I read one of the 'Behind the DaVinci Code' books that explained that the whole Gnostic Gospels about kissing or whatever was based on a single letter of a word, the rest of which had disintigrated so it was a guess at best what it REALLY said.

There's a dude named Graham Hancock who is like the DaVinci Code + Erik Von Daniken + Dock Ellis and his girlfriend after they gobbled a bunch of acid = Space aliens came and helped Jesus escape after they built the pyramids if you are REALLY into that stuff. When I used to party a lot, those were some entertaining books to read...heh heh heh... :-?

I heard the author said that he made up all of it, none of the stuff in the book is based on fact.

By the way.. with a name like AcidRock and the mentioning of dropping acid here... I'll bet you have some interesting stories you could share with us, huh? X-I :-b

I'm going to look around for some Hancock stuff.. that sounds interesting as hell. ;-D
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk