Politte, To Suck Or To Suck Even Worse, That is The ? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Politte, To Suck Or To Suck Even Worse, That is The ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Politte, To Suck Or To Suck Even Worse, That is The ?

Postby YankFan51 » Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:33 am

I'm sure all us Politte owners are the same. This guy has been absolutely dreadful, despite the fact that he closes on a good team. Everytime he's out for a save, he gives up a run or two. My question is why don't they just grab a random fan to close their games every 9th inning? I mean, I think they could do as well as Po-Leet has.
My hair's turnin' white, my neck's always been red, my collar's still blue
We've always been here tryin' to sing the truth to you
Guess you could say we've always been red white and blue
"Red White and Blue," Lynyrd Skynyrd
YankFan51
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:38 am

I don't see why Toronto is not looking to trade for a closer. They are seriously contending this year.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby wrveres » Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:24 am

bleach168 wrote:I don't see why Toronto is not looking to trade for a closer. They are seriously contending this year.

... it's not just "Paulette". They need a whole new bullpen. maybe they could trade for the "Shooter"
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby Super GM » Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:46 am

Maybe they'll go for Urbina....
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby PiratesFan85 » Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:55 am

Please, take Mike Williams!
PiratesFan85

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby jdh » Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:26 pm

I don't see them having the money to get Urbina or Benitez. The only way they could do that is if they also got someone to take Shannon Stewart, who has become surplus with the way Reed Johnson has been playing and makes $7 million.

I don't know why they would bother going after Mike Williams, or why anyone would want him. His numbers are almost as bad as Politte's numbers. One guy I could see the Jays going for is Braden Looper, since he only makes 1.6 million, and would be a solid enough closer for them without spending huge on the big name guys.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pilambp » Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:35 pm

The Jays' philosphy is not to spend big money on unecessary players. One of the most notoriously overpaid positions is that of Relief Pitcher. Steve Karsay makes 5 million a year. Jeff Nelson close to 4. The Jays have picked up relief pitching on the cheap, since there always seems to be decent guys out there willing to work for less than a million a year. That was there philosphy in acquiring Politte (Granted he's struggling, but he was good this year) and A. Lopez. The chance of them overspending on a closer are slim.
pilambp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby jdh » Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:37 pm

I agree, there is no way they go out and spend the money to get Urbina or Benitez. But Looper is a semi-proven closer with a reasonable salary so they might be willing to make a deal for someone like him if they stay in contention.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby benjapage » Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:14 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-P :~( :-t !+) :-o
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Siege1386 » Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:16 pm

Yup. They won't be getting anyone. And thanks for messing up the look of the whole thread.
Help me out by making a [url=http://www.fsworld.net/modules/donations/]Donation[/url] or [url=http://www.fsworld.net/register.php]Registering[/url] for my website

Siege1386
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers