angels laugh at ur ridiculous offer... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Boston Red Sox

angels laugh at ur ridiculous offer...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

angels laugh at ur ridiculous offer...

Postby sLim » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:30 pm

LOL

santana, figgins, wood and kendrick

for

manny?

and u expect the angels to pick up the rest of mannys $75 mil...

keep dreamin...LOL

theos a fool if he thinks the angels want manny that bad...
sLim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: angels laugh at ur ridiculous offer...

Postby hoopitup21212 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:36 pm

sLim wrote:LOL

santana, figgins, wood and kendrick

for

manny?

keep dreamin...LOL

theos a fool if he thinks the angels want manny that bad...

lol maybe your right to an extent. The Angels do could use Manny and it’s possible that the might need Manny to get over the hump when games are close. Seriously, do you expect Boston to just give Manny away for free?
hoopitup21212
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby sLim » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:52 pm

of course i dont expect manny to be given away for free...

but to ask for the angels top pitching prospect...on top of their top two minor league prospects and then on top of that the multi versitile utility player chone figgins...

and then the slap in the face by saying that the angels still need to pick up the rest of mannys $75 mil contract...

i thought the orioles were crazy when they asked for manny, clement, and one of their top prospects for miguel tejada...but after seeing this deal...that orioles deal looks much more reasonable...
sLim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sox Trade

Postby hoopitup21212 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:23 pm

sLim wrote:of course i dont expect manny to be given away for free...

but to ask for the angels top pitching prospect...on top of their top two minor league prospects and then on top of that the multi versitile utility player chone figgins...

and then the slap in the face by saying that the angels still need to pick up the rest of mannys $75 mil contract...

i thought the orioles were crazy when they asked for manny, clement, and one of their top prospects for miguel tejada...but after seeing this deal...that orioles deal looks much more reasonable...

I really don’t know about that seeing how it was Boston who had asked for Manny and Clement 4 Miguel Tejada and the O's rejecting that offer.

With this past offer to LA even though this will sound bad. I think that the Angels have pondered this deal. Really, yes Manny is getting a lot of money. They would have to work something with Boston paying some of the contract, but Manny going to the Angels along would be a major upgrade.

Think about it the Angel's giving up two minor league prospects that doesn’t guarantee they will be that great done the road. It’s 50/50 if you think about it. I would be surprised though if Boston throws in one of their minor league players to really go after this trade.

As far as I'm concerned Boston really needs to do something about Manny. Its seems as if, it’s been forever since we have been trying to keep Manny happy or trying to trade him. I hope Boston deals him and this Angels/Redsox trade eventually one way or another happens.
hoopitup21212
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Sox Trade

Postby sLim » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:39 pm

hoopitup21212 wrote:
sLim wrote:of course i dont expect manny to be given away for free...

I really don’t know about that seeing how it was Boston who had asked for Manny and Clement 4 Miguel Tejada and the O's rejecting that offer.

With this past offer to LA even though this will sound bad. I think that the Angels have pondered this deal. Really, yes Manny is getting a lot of money. They would have to work something with Boston paying some of the contract, but Manny going to the Angels along would be a major upgrade.

Think about it the Angel's giving up two minor league prospects that doesn’t guarantee they will be that great done the road. It’s 50/50 if you think about it. I would be surprised though if Boston throws in one of their minor league players to really go after this trade.

As far as I'm concerned Boston really needs to do something about Manny. Its seems as if, it’s been forever since we have been trying to keep Manny happy or trying to trade him. I hope Boston deals him and this Angels/Redsox trade eventually one way or another happens.

boston offered that trade to balt for tejada...and the Os rejected it...and their counter offer was manny, clement, and two of their prospects WITH cash on the side...for tejada...and boston declined...

ill tell you this...anahiem is no way considering this offer...they declined and will not be willing to pick up manny at anything near this offer...obviously manny would be an upgrade in ANY teams lineup...but the angels have some of the most covetted prospects in the league...they may not all turn out to be as great as they are projected to be...but a few of them will pan out...that trade is nowhere near fair...
sLim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thedude » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:43 pm

sLim wrote:and u expect the angels to pick up the rest of mannys $75 mil...

There is 57 million left of Manny's contract. Get the facts straight before you comment.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sLim » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:11 pm

thedude wrote:

There is 57 million left of Manny's contract. Get the facts straight before you comment.

sLim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

sure

Postby jerrydel44 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:03 pm

and thanks for the offer! :-°
jerrydel44
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby sLim » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:47 pm

no way stoneman would offer this...

it was epstein who threw this at the angels...

obviously it was no serious offer...

probably a message to manny that they are willing to get rid of him...or trying to motivate manny into thinkin this is how much hes worth to the team...
sLim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KoRnholio » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:59 pm

thedude wrote:

It looked to me like he said THE REST of the contract. You even posted it in your quote. Maybe you should read the posts before YOU comment.

Dumb.
KoRnholio
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Boston Red Sox