what makes Michael Young so special? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

what makes Michael Young so special?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PinotResa » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:52 pm

Great home ball park, great hitter behind him.
PinotResa
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

m. young

Postby Eightan » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:11 pm

rlee wrote:And ... he plays every day. You plug him into your lineup for the first game and that's it. You never have to worry about whether or not he'll play on a given day. He's a horse.

yeah... but so does tejada. i take tejada over m. young. lower average but more homers and rbi's. but apparently, that seems to just be my opinion.
you can't live the dream, if you don't play the game
Eightan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: m. young

Postby nuggets » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:25 pm

Eightan wrote:
rlee wrote:And ... he plays every day. You plug him into your lineup for the first game and that's it. You never have to worry about whether or not he'll play on a given day. He's a horse.

yeah... but so does tejada. i take tejada over m. young. lower average but more homers and rbi's. but apparently, that seems to just be my opinion.

I believe Tejada's emotions control his stats more than most players. If he isn't happy he isn't doing as well. I don't think this will pan out to be "happy" year for Miguel.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JustAnotherYanksFan » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:48 pm

Young's stats only seem to be a tier above the other top SS stats when you look at that .331 BA. If you assume he'll hit closer to .315 next year, then his numbers don't look a whole lot different than Reyes, Rollins, or Jeter. If you expect Tejada to bounce back a bit then you could put him in that range also. I'd probably rather take a Reyes/Rollins/Jeter type in round 3-4 than take Young in early round 2.
JustAnotherYanksFan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

m. young

Postby Eightan » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:12 pm

JustAnotherYanksFan wrote:Young's stats only seem to be a tier above the other top SS stats when you look at that .331 BA. If you assume he'll hit closer to .315 next year, then his numbers don't look a whole lot different than Reyes, Rollins, or Jeter. If you expect Tejada to bounce back a bit then you could put him in that range also. I'd probably rather take a Reyes/Rollins/Jeter type in round 3-4 than take Young in early round 2.

you hit the nail on the head! i plan on taking the best hitter available in round 1 (assuming a mid pick it'll be manny, ortiz, or d. lee), the best outfielder or 3b available in round 2 (assuming a mid pick it'll probably be sheffield, ichiro or a-ram) the best pitcher in round 3 (assuming a mid pick it'll probably be pedro or oswalt) and then the best available hitter out of the 2b and ss positions in rounds 4 and 5. at that point i'll probably be looking at kent, furcal, maybe jeter, reyes... all not bad to have.
you can't live the dream, if you don't play the game
Eightan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers