Bud and the 2X4 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bud and the 2X4

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bud and the 2X4

Postby Third Day » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:25 am

I have to get this off my chest. Someone ought to walk up to Selig, smack him to get his attention, and explain to him how much fantasy increases the fan base of the sport he runs. I was huge fan as a child (go Milwaukee Braves) but fell away as I got older. Didn't know the difference between Garrett Anderson (OF) and Garrett Morris (SNL). Fantasy made me a fan again. Hey Bud, how much money do you guys need? Paying hugh sums of money for the use of player names and stats is sheer greed. I'm sure the sports books in Vegas will be happy to pay you for use of team names and injury reports when setting up the odds. Or maybe Espn can pay you for the highlight clips. Leave us fantasy players alone......Angry in Milwaukee
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 273)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:06 am

That's true, at the same time, one could look at it as Fantasy Baseball= a ton of fun that could be worth $10 or $20 a year (or a month even...) and that they should get something for it?

I'm kind of conflicted as I totally agree that stats= news but, at the same time, somebody's making $$$ off of it (Yahoo, Sportsline, etc...) and some of it should be funnelled into MLB as well. :-?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Third Day » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:39 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:That's true, at the same time, one could look at it as Fantasy Baseball= a ton of fun that could be worth $10 or $20 a year (or a month even...) and that they should get something for it?

I'm kind of conflicted as I totally agree that stats= news but, at the same time, somebody's making $$$ off of it (Yahoo, Sportsline, etc...) and some of it should be funnelled into MLB as well. :-?
Good point. It just seems that when the big boys do battle, the little guy gets squished.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 273)

Postby Joe Mauer » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:47 pm

Last yr some of the sites payed MLB and they still had free games.

I wouldn't worry. There are much more important things to worry about.

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 29)
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Return to Baseball Leftovers