Sleeper SP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sleeper SP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sleeper SP

Postby Orioles103 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:53 pm

I need some sleeper SP's can someone help me out?
Orioles103
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beltrans_boy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:56 pm

If we could help you out, they wouldn't be much of a sleeper, eh?

:-?
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Phatferd » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:09 pm

I kind of like Benson.

I am not really into him, but if he's around in the last round I might take him. I think Mazzone could do with him like he did with Wright and Cruz.

He has my attention, lets just say that.

Odalis Perez has my attention as well. Since becoming a full time SP he has had a trend of good year followed by a bad year and last year was a bad year...
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Thursday » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:59 pm

A few sleeper pitchers? Hmm.... :-?

How about Oliver Perez? He is reportedly in good shape this year, as he learned his lesson last year with the skipping of winter ball. He'll bounce back, and could potentially have a season much like '04.

How about Jeremy Bonderman? For some reason, this guy gets no respect. Rememeber how young he still is. Pitches in a nice park, and could also bounce back nicely.

May not be sleepers in the traditional sense, but these guys can be had late and provide a tremendous reward.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 22)

Postby stevethumb » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:04 pm

agree w/phatferd on odalis..he is only 28 and should bounce back from 2 injury plagued years...
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Phatferd » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:05 pm

Thursday wrote:A few sleeper pitchers? Hmm.... :-?

How about Oliver Perez? He is reportedly in good shape this year, as he learned his lesson last year with the skipping of winter ball. He'll bounce back, and could potentially have a season much like '04.

How about Jeremy Bonderman? For some reason, this guy gets no respect. Rememeber how young he still is. Pitches in a nice park, and could also bounce back nicely.

May not be sleepers in the traditional sense, but these guys can be had late and provide a tremendous reward.

I guess you weren't here last offseason. Bonderman got all kinds of love.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:33 pm

Matt Cain.

I think this kid is the real deal. The Giants have the run support now with Barry back and I think Cain can get the job done. Even though he's their #4 starter, I think he'll put up decent numbers to be a 4 or 5 fantasy starter.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby klvrdude » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:52 pm

go_jays_go wrote:Matt Cain.

I think this kid is the real deal. The Giants have the run support now with Barry back and I think Cain can get the job done. Even though he's their #4 starter, I think he'll put up decent numbers to be a 4 or 5 fantasy starter.

Along those lines, I'm going to give a big shout out to my man Noah Lowry. Both his k/9 and k:bb last year (7.58 and 2.26 respectively) were notable. Now going into his 3 season and after an amazing 2nd half (check his splits) I think you can get him relatively cheap....hence sleeper.

On a side note I'm hesitant on rookies, especially those with less than 50 ip in the bigs. I'm not saying in 2-3 years he won't be the man, I'm just not going to play those card in 2006.
Last edited by klvrdude on Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klvrdude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Charette » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:12 pm

I just picked Shawn Chacon with a late round draft pick. He put up some pretty nice numbers, since joining the Yankees.

Dan the Bluesman B-)
Dan Charette
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:12 pm

Thursday wrote:A few sleeper pitchers? Hmm.... :-?

Maybe Bonderman is getting some criticism as a pick because both his Kd9 and WHIP regressed last season and his numbers generally blew?

Oliver Perez was a HUGE bust last season. Noone knows what to expect and as such he has fallen into the deep recesses of most draft boards. He could bounce back...or maybe he was just a one year fluke.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers