Not Messing Around: Who's the next Pujols? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Not Messing Around: Who's the next Pujols?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wood Wood Wood

Postby King Bay » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:20 am

someone else stated it earlier and i have to agree
Brandon Wood is a future #1 fantasy pick due to position
With A-Rods move to 3rd and Tejada's power decling slightly
Wood will be the only premeir 5-tool ss in the league
this kid can mash!
KB
baseball is a year round sport
King Bay
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wood Wood Wood

Postby thedude » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:27 am

King Bay wrote:someone else stated it earlier and i have to agree
this kid can mash!
KB

There has been at least some minor concern that he won't be able to stay at short. But not a great amount.

Wood isn't a fivetool player, he won't steal a lot of bases. His batting average should be around 300
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby rockchalk » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:59 pm

this kid can mash!
KB

He's mashed for one season at A ball in a park and league where every Angel's prospect in the last 5 years has put up career stats, without improving his pitch selection at all from rookie ball.

The kid has huge potential, but lets see him do it at least one more level before we crown him the new king.
rockchalk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby brandnew » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:07 pm

rockchalk wrote:
this kid can mash!
KB

He's mashed for one season at A ball in a park and league where every Angel's prospect in the last 5 years has put up career stats, without improving his pitch selection at all from rookie ball.

The kid has huge potential, but lets see him do it at least one more level before we crown him the new king.

Agreed.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Jenkins » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:58 pm

brewcrew4you wrote:Wood, only because a SS hitting 40 homers will have to go #1

8-o 8-o 8-o,
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Jenkins » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:02 am

Delmon has the best chance. Has been very consistant at every level. Dont see why he wont perform in the majors at a near Pujols-level by the time he is 25 (6 years from now).

Besides, Pujols could be 30 years old ;-) .
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby takemeout » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:01 am

I agree. Delmon Young
takemeout
T-Ball Trainer

next puji

Postby oakiedragon » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:11 am

I agree delmon has a good chance, but i dont see him putting up a high avg. i expect him to be closer to the .270-.300 range than the .300-.330 range. Also i dont expect him to be a 40 hr. guy more a 25-30 hr. guy, but overall delmon has it all. My choice or choices for the next pujols would be first.
Billy Butler- Butler is only 19 yrs old and has absolutely mashed at every level and looks to get called up at the ripe age of 20. He projects as a .300 or above hitter with excellent plate dicipline and anywhere between 30-40 hr, a season. Also with gordon coming on quickly as well, he has a battery mate to ensure that he either has a consistant man on base and/or protection in the lineup. So i think he has the best chance and comparison.
My number two guess is;
Daric Barton- Barton has the best plate dicipline in the minors and projects as a .330 type hitter with a bonds like ops. His power has not come into its own yet, mostly due to his age but he has tremendous in game power, which is where it counts but it hasnt translated yet, which im fully confident it will. Im projecting more hr, than the usual projections, which is actually how pujols turned out. So id say those two are my selections.
oakiedragon
College Coach
College Coach

next puji

I agree delmon has a good chance, but i dont see him putting up a high avg. i expect him to be closer to the .270-.300 range than the .300-.330 range. Also i dont expect him to be a 40 hr. guy more a 25-30 hr. guy, but overall delmon has it all. My choice or choices for the next pujols would be first.
Billy Butler- Butler is only 19 yrs old and has absolutely mashed at every level and looks to get called up at the ripe age of 20. He projects as a .300 or above hitter with excellent plate dicipline and anywhere between 30-40 hr, a season. Also with gordon coming on quickly as well, he has a battery mate to ensure that he either has a consistant man on base and/or protection in the lineup. So i think he has the best chance and comparison.
My number two guess is;
Daric Barton- Barton has the best plate dicipline in the minors and projects as a .330 type hitter with a bonds like ops. His power has not come into its own yet, mostly due to his age but he has tremendous in game power, which is where it counts but it hasnt translated yet, which im fully confident it will. Im projecting more hr, than the usual projections, which is actually how pujols turned out. So id say those two are my selections.
oakiedragon
College Coach
College Coach

next puji

My number two guess is;
oakiedragon
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball