Mark Ellis - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mark Ellis

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mark Ellis

Postby tal1286 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:09 pm

What are your opinions on him? Do you think he will repeat last season? What are your projections?

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mark Ellis

Postby Coppermine » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:11 pm

tal1286 wrote:What are your opinions on him? Do you think he will repeat last season? What are your projections?

Interesting you brought this up because I was just pondering Mr. Ellis. A lot of sources I've checked have him ranked 200 overall, others much higher, and other still not even ranked. As far as value goes, he doesn't seem to be gaining a lot of popularity in the auction circuit either.

I think the consensus is up in the air. I think an overall rank around 200 is appropriate, but it's a total toss up.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dicehound » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:10 pm

I like Ellis a lot and have him pegged as an excellent sleeper. His second half last year was great, and it seems like the more playing time he got the better he got. He cut way down on his strikeouts and improved quite a bit on his plate discipline. I'm not saying he's going to project that production over the whole year, but I think he's definitely worth a look once the bigger names are off the board.

I haven't been able to figure out why he's not getting more attention this offseason. It makes me think I might be missing something cause I think he's going to be a great value pick.
dicehound
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Biguns » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:46 pm

i definately think ellis is in for a good season. he started last season splitting time due to the fact he was coming off a torn labrum and still put up good numbers for a 2b. The A's have stocked their line-up with some rbi guys finally and he will be setting the stage for them this year, big bump in runs this year
Biguns
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Mark Ellis

Postby Dan Charette » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:10 pm

I got Ellis in round 19 in a 10 team draft. I think he will be a real bargain. He posted real nice numbers after the break. One of the reasons I drafted him , is that he's also eligible at ss . Great OPS for a middle infielder.

Dan the Bluesman B-)
Dan Charette
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mark Ellis

Postby Dan Charette » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:11 pm

I got Ellis in round 19 in a 10 team draft. I think he will be a real bargain. He posted real nice numbers after the break. One of the reasons I drafted him , is that he's also eligible at ss . Great OPS for a middle infielder.

Dan the Bluesman B-)
Dan Charette
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RynMan » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:28 pm

Biguns wrote:i definately think ellis is in for a good season. he started last season splitting time due to the fact he was coming off a torn labrum and still put up good numbers for a 2b. The A's have stocked their line-up with some rbi guys finally and he will be setting the stage for them this year, big bump in runs this year

Agreed. I think that he will be undervalued this season. I wouldnt be surprised if you can take him as the 10th second baseman in your draft. Not bad if he puts up 20HR, .290, 90 RBI, 90R - which I think he will.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby zhutou » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:33 pm

90 rbi seems to be a tad too optimistic imo.
zhutou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Phatferd » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:42 pm

zhutou wrote:90 rbi seems to be a tad too optimistic imo.

As is 20 HR.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby IVIisfits138 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:21 am

Bradley or Chavez might have trouble getting more than 90 RBI in that lineup.
Do Work
IVIisfits138
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers