Delmon Young... Not in the Yahoo Database - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Delmon Young... Not in the Yahoo Database

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Delmon Young... Not in the Yahoo Database

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:10 am

Sorry guys, but they have yet to put Delmon into the Yahoo Database... so hold onto your waiver #1 priority as long as you can. I know I will!
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Delmon Young... Not in the Yahoo Database

Postby xeifrank » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:15 am

OhMrScottyTrav06 wrote:Sorry guys, but they have yet to put Delmon into the Yahoo Database... so hold onto your waiver #1 priority as long as you can. I know I will!

He has yet to have one at bat and the cheapskates in Tampa will probably start him off in AAA again this year. Yeah, hold on to your #1 waiver especially if you are in a keeper league that doesn't allow you to draft non yahoo database players.
vr, Xei
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby rlee » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:55 am

Just this morning, Rotoworld reported that the 'Rays are no longer interested in talking to other teams about Huff and Lugo, that there will be no more trades for now. That means to me, that Delmon will for sure start out in the minors.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Ed Whitson » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:17 pm

We'll see how spring training plays out. If Delmon tears it up in the spring, TB will find a way to get him playing time. Huff at 1B, Gomes at 3B, Young, Baldelli, Crawford in OF, DH could be Hollins, Gathright 4th OF. Delmon would be mighty pissed off if he hits .400 in the spring with 7 HR and he is sent back down to AAA.
Ed Whitson
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Delmon Young... Not in the Yahoo Database

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:04 pm

xeifrank wrote:and the cheapskates in Tampa will probably start him off in AAA again this year.
vr, Xei

:-? :-? Lets give this new owner a chance as he is no where near the type of owner that Naimoli was. He has promised to add payroll in the coming years, but this year he wants to make sure he has a loaded farm system ala Braves of the early 90s. But to answer the original question, Yes Delmon will more than likely be starting the year off in AAA, as he did not show great things there last year, and could probably use a few more at bats in Durham. I would expect to see him in Tampa though by the summer.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Thursday » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:54 pm

With my offline draft, i will be able to draft him without a problem, as a matter of fact, no one else can touch him as soon as he is added if i draft him. Pretty sweet, if you ask me.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Eagle Baseball » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:33 pm

Thursday wrote:With my offline draft, i will be able to draft him without a problem, as a matter of fact, no one else can touch him as soon as he is added if i draft him. Pretty sweet, if you ask me.

The only problem with that thinking is seeing someone else draft him 1 or 2 picks before your pick. So what round do you plan on getting him? :-?
Eagle Baseball
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Thursday » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:25 pm

Eagle Baseball wrote:
Thursday wrote:With my offline draft, i will be able to draft him without a problem, as a matter of fact, no one else can touch him as soon as he is added if i draft him. Pretty sweet, if you ask me.

The only problem with that thinking is seeing someone else draft him 1 or 2 picks before your pick. So what round do you plan on getting him? :-?

I'm thinking around 16th-17th round would be pretty nice, 15th to be sure. This way, i can get my starting OF before i have to depend on him to perhaps fill a starting spot, because i really don't think he's going to start this year.

Keep in mind, however, i'm playing in a keeper league where we keep 4. Take my advice with a grain of salt. !+)
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:36 pm

#1 reason why live drafts are better than yahoo drafts.

#1 waiver is crap if you ask me. if you want to draft a player than draft him. Dont let Yahoo control your draft because they dont have players in their database
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Thursday » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:13 am

SHOCKandAWE wrote:#1 reason why live drafts are better than yahoo drafts.

#1 waiver is crap if you ask me. if you want to draft a player than draft him. Dont let Yahoo control your draft because they dont have players in their database

;-D
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers