How would your opening day line-up look? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Detroit Tigers

How would your opening day line-up look?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:19 pm

moochman wrote:3. Ivan Rodriguez, C-Total ass-kiss here. No way has he done anything to deserve to hit this high in any line-up. No power, no plate discipline. Troubling pick as this and others indicate that manager is trying to win over trouble makers instead of laying down the law. He can still hit some ropes, so..C-
I seriously hope there's more to it than that. He has reportedly bulked up slightly since last year, but that sickening plate discipline is still a concern. I can see it now. Runners in scoring position, just feed Pudge some high fastballs and maybe sprinkle in a few pitches bounced in the dirt. He'll chase them every time. I'd like to think Leyland is not someone who would give Pudge this spot just to make him happy, but I can't say I'm feeling too good about it.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ScarletP » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:40 am

If Granderson continues to play the way he's playing in the spring (11 BB to 9 K), I'll be more than happy with him batting leadoff.

I'm guessing that this lineup will change quite a bit the first few weeks of the season. I doubt that Leyland will have his lineup looking like that in the beginning of May.

Here's hoping for:

Granderson
Polanco
Guillen
Ordonez
Shelton
Monroe
Rodriguez
Young
Inge

...just looked at Dan Lambskin's post. Looks like we think alike.
ScarletP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dannomyte » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:57 pm

From Danny Knobler's blog today.

Opening day lineup
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- A slight tweak in the Tigers' likely opening day lineup. For today's game against the Devil Rays, Chris Shelton is hitting 6th and Craig Monroe is hitting 8th.

``That's probably right on the button (for opening day), if everyone is healthy,'' manager Jim Leyland said.

The lineup:

Curtis Granderson, cf
Placido Polanco, 2b
Pudge Rodriguez, c
Magglio Ordonez, rf
Dmitri Young, dh
Chris Shelton, 1b
Carlos Guillen, ss
Craig Monroe, lf
Brandon Inge, 3b
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor