Where is Jeff Weaver going to sign? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where is Jeff Weaver going to sign?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby j24jags » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:09 am

lol i kno his last experience wasnt good but look at the mets rotation.
pedro, glavine, trachsel, zambrano, heilman? (hes supposed to be in the pen)/john maine (who is this guy)
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:12 am

Well I'm not a big fan of Weaver but I wouldn't mind the Mets signing him. He's taken so long to sign I assume he'll be relatively cheap and the NL East is a lot different than the AL East.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:13 am

Weaver was in the pen for the 2003 WS...cost us a title thanks to Torre pulling his first of many brain cramps the past 3 years or so.

The man (Weaver) is gutless and soft. He will wilt like limp lettuce when put under pressure. Besides, he is basically not very good and I think most GMs now that. He did OK in Comerica and survived in Chavez Ravine. A fly ball pitcher with sub average stuff and a propensity for giving up the gopher ball.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Fantasy Guru » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:39 am

Well he's not the worst pitcher out there. He'll post double digit wins, and showed he's capable of posting an alright WHIP. As long as the price isn't too high, I'd take him.
Fantasy Guru
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby davidmarver » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:21 am

He would make an awesome #2 or 3 in Petco.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby RynMan » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:49 am

Nice point on Detroit.....seems like a nice fit to me.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Phatferd » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:39 am

Havok1517 wrote:I say he signs with the Angels. They already have his brother as their future ace in the minors and right now Hector Carrasco is their number 5 guy, yuck! I say he signs and is either 3 or 4 man in the rotation.

Carrasco hasn't been given the number 5 spot and I would even venture to say he doesn't get it.

The Angels will have 4 guys battle it out in ST. Jared Weaver, Saunders, Bootcheck and Carrasco.

I don't see the Angels signing Jeff. He wants a 5 year deal and 10 million per. I doubt any team gives him that kind of money, but I don't think the Angels want anything to do with getting locked up in a deal like that.

They are also on bad terms with Boras. The whole Jared Weaver signing was a nightmare and there was a lot of name calling from both sides.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rlee » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:44 am

Rotoworld is reporting from the LA Times this morning that the Angels have a 1 yr offer with an option for '07 on the table. They also speculate that the Cards and Mets are interested, although the Mets deny ant interest.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby BritSox » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:23 pm

Phatferd wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:I say he signs with the Angels. They already have his brother as their future ace in the minors and right now Hector Carrasco is their number 5 guy, yuck! I say he signs and is either 3 or 4 man in the rotation.

I don't see the Angels signing Jeff. He wants a 5 year deal and 10 million per. I doubt any team gives him that kind of money, but I don't think the Angels want anything to do with getting locked up in a deal like that.

And what did Johnny Damon apparently want? He doesn't seem like he has too many options left.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:58 pm

MLB TRADE RUMORS...

Angels Sign Weaver?
I'm not entirely familiar with the Halos Heaven blog quite yet, but the author is saying Jeff Weaver signing with the Angels is a done deal. In their words: "the ink is dry."

Also, check out the latest Manny rumor in the same post. While not quite the polar opposite of supposed offer that heavily favored the Red Sox, this one would definitely be a win for Los Angeles. But if the Angels were willing to take on Manny's entire contract, an offer of Escobar, Shell, and Rivera plus one top Angels prospect seems equitable.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 117)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers