Luciani vs BA Top 100 lists - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Luciani vs BA Top 100 lists

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Luciani vs BA Top 100 lists

Postby garf112 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:24 pm

Interesting how nothing has been posted about this after everybody was all up in arms about how "bad" his latest list was.

Luciani's 1st three lists

This is kind of eye-opening. He also explains why he does not include his 94 prospect list in the article. For all of those Luciani naysayers, take a look at the BA lists from the same years.

BAs top 100 lists

I will let the lists speak for themselves, but want to point out that he was on Vlad before BA. There are many more reasons that make his lists better. Obviously, he has missses as well.
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 99)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sublime8414 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:54 pm

that luciani article was quite interesting...thanks
sublime8414
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby garf112 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:49 pm

You are quite welcome. Those were the good years. It looks like he put out his next three or so, and they were not as good. There are doubters on other message boards about the authenticity of his lists from those years. I don't think he would publish three bad lists after "forging" three good lists.
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 99)

Postby Steve-o » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:08 pm

garf112 wrote:You are quite welcome. Those were the good years. It looks like he put out his next three or so, and they were not as good. There are doubters on other message boards about the authenticity of his lists from those years. I don't think he would publish three bad lists after "forging" three good lists.

I kinda figured the same guy posted this to Sickels blog site as well. I very much doubt the authenticity of his lists. When the whole list is posted, it is like a who's who of current MLB allstars.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mamorris » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:01 am

It's a pity he had to take down those lists. There are some pathetic people in this world.

Read this if you don't know what I'm talking about.
mamorris
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby mamorris » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:04 am

Steve-o wrote:
garf112 wrote:You are quite welcome. Those were the good years. It looks like he put out his next three or so, and they were not as good. There are doubters on other message boards about the authenticity of his lists from those years. I don't think he would publish three bad lists after "forging" three good lists.

I kinda figured the same guy posted this to Sickels blog site as well. I very much doubt the authenticity of his lists. When the whole list is posted, it is like a who's who of current MLB allstars.

Don't you think someone would have caught him out if he was modifying the lists? It's funny how some people refuse to give credit, even when the evidence is put right before them.
mamorris
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby bigken117 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:36 pm

mamorris wrote:It's a pity he had to take down those lists. There are some pathetic people in this world.

Read this if you don't know what I'm talking about.

I agree :-t I enjoyed reading them while they were up. He has nothing to gain by modifying his lists except his credibility, which I doubt he'd risk after having been forcasting for so long. A big :-t to Mr. Cool.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 254)

Postby Webster11 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:03 pm

That is a shame. Even if you dont agree with his rankings you have to respect someone whos willing to step out of the box and offer a different take than everyone else
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Steve-o » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:20 pm

mamorris wrote:
Steve-o wrote:

Don't you think someone would have caught him out if he was modifying the lists? It's funny how some people refuse to give credit, even when the evidence is put right before them.

I must say that I was just amazed at his forecasting ability. If those are his lists, then fine, sign me up as a subscriber.

The reasons listed in this thread make perfect sense to me as to why he wouldn't alter his old work. I am willing to admit when I am wrong, I was probably wrong on this one. It is just that the list was soooo amazing.

I must also admit that I am relatively new into the depths of the minor league fantasy baseball realm. I have been reading BA and BP for a while, but never gotten into any of the other sources until this year.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby carter » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:33 pm

Luciani just announced that he won't be around next year because of the threats .. i hope this all blows over soon .. his work is amazing
carter
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 14)

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball