The Roto Times mag is out. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Roto Times mag is out.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Roto Times mag is out.

Postby bloul11 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:50 pm

I found the Roto Times Mag today at Hastings book store. Haven't had a chance to get to into it yet but it is one that i've used the last couple of years and have liked. Just some FYI if youve been looking for it its out now. It has Pujols on cover
bloul11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:41 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Will check it out. ;-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bloul11 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:33 pm

yes check it out and i'll get back in the next couple days to give my thoughts on the info in it. I know the cafe is the best source for info but I also like to have something in my hands that i can actually look at when i'm not infront of my PC and at my draft for quick reference.
bloul11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby redsox588 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:20 pm

I'm interested in getting a magazine for the first time this year. I'm in a head to head league with 5X5 scoring. Any advice on which magazines are the best, and how much they cost?
RED SOX '04 CHAMPS
redsox588
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BigLebowski » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:43 pm

redsox588 wrote:I'm interested in getting a magazine for the first time this year. I'm in a head to head league with 5X5 scoring. Any advice on which magazines are the best, and how much they cost?

They range from $6-$8. It's best not to use them as a guidline. However they are a cheap reference guide to go off of in a pinch. I usually get 3 a year and pour over them.. The more info and opinions the better IMO. The cafe is by far the best resource, but I can't always get online so the mags. are the way to go.

This is the first year I've purchased the Forcaster and have been mildly suprised at how helpful it has been so far. I don't always agree with it and probably won't purchase again, $30. :-o ..
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 470)

Postby thinkspin » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:53 pm

BigLebowski wrote:This is the first year I've purchased the Forcaster and have been mildly suprised at how helpful it has been so far. I don't always agree with it and probably won't purchase again, $30. :-o ..

I have been purchasing the Forecaster for a while and will continue to do so. I like to have literature for the bathroom and that is not a criticism by any means ;-7 . What the Forecaster has done for me is show that players have underlying skills that can help in evaluating / projecting performance. No rag even compares.

If you are thinking of taking your player analysis to the next level. Forcaster is a great place to start.
Founder of a fantasy sports related website...
thinkspin
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bloul11 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:57 pm

I have bought two mags this year so far."Sporting News" & "The Roto Times" one was $7 the other 8. So far i'm likeing what i see in Roto Times, i just picked it up yesterday so i'm still getting familiar with it. the player profiles are great. They have NL or AL auction prices and Mixed league auction prices. It gives height, weight,age, left or right handed and games played by position from last year. They also have small icons on some players that indicate their predictions like sleeper,busts,injury issues,time is running out, and rookie. Its all broke down by position and in the order of what they feel is the highest value. I would have rather them be in alphabetical order for quicker reference. Each positional breakdown starts with a page of some outstanding points of interest, like the best of the best and damaged goods or who got traded where. The articles are your typical, Top 100, Top prospects and Sleepers & Busts. There is also 3 pages dedicated to closers situations which will be outdated by opening day. It does have a nice cheet sheet for each league(NL,AL and Mixed) with dollar values. Something that i really like is towards the back they have 2005 leaders and Projected 2006 leaders in the 5 major fantasy batting and pitching catagories along with each teams depth chart. The 2 last pages have a 12 team draft board that you will be able to fill out at your draft to keep track of who has filled what positions. There is also a player index in the back which kind of makes up for the profiles not being in alphabetical order. Over all i'm pleased with this years Roto Times and would give it an 8 1/2 out of 10
bloul11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:45 pm

Still no fantasy mags in Canada :-C

When they do get here they'll have Robbie Alomar as a sleeper pick.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby nikku88 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:06 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Still no fantasy mags in Canada :-C

When they do get here they'll have Robbie Alomar as a sleeper pick.

Eh? The Sporting News one is everywhere.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers