Dustin Hermanson Update - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Dustin Hermanson Update

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dustin Hermanson Update

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:14 am

Hermanson said he started throwing three weeks ago and plans to start pitching off a mound before making the two-hour drive to Tucson Electric Park to join his teammates in 2½ weeks.

"I don't want to go overboard with getting ready," Hermanson said. "If I throw one or two bullpen [sessions] before spring training, that will be fine. You have to remember we played a month longer last season.

"I don't have to go out there and pitch three or five innings. When I'd throw six or seven bullpens before spring training, it was too much. If I throw one or two bullpens before spring training, that should be fine."

"I'm not exactly sure what my role will be," Hermanson said. "I imagine it will be similar to what it was at the start of last year with Shingo. I think I'll probably set up some games and close some games."

Knowing Ozzie Guillen's itchy trigger finger on his closers, this is a situation that should be looked at closer than expected. Jenks will probably lose a few opps to Hermanson, but who knows how many.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates