High School Girl Problem... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

High School Girl Problem...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

High School Girl Problem...

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:09 am

Okay, for those who want to listen to my high school girl problems.

There is this girl in my Econ (last semester), Physics, and English classes. We've kinda known each other throughout the year having 'small talk' conversations in each of these classes every so often. (Just so you know ahead of time, my longest relationship with a girl is three weeks and haven't had one since freshman year :-o (I'm a senior)). Since the beginning of the calendar year of 2006, it seems like she's been dropping some hints my way.

For example,

I can be a jerk (at times) so my buddies and I make fun of her when we get the chance in Physics. (Like today when she raised her hand for a while... then was finally called on and forgot what she was going to say... I blurted out, "Thanks for wasting our time." She always tells me to be nicer to her. Saying I am "too mean". She has almost always been nice to me... helping me with stuff and giving me gum and snacks all the time. So is me making fun of her good or bad (assuming I don't do it excessively)???

in Econ a few weeks back... She asked me if I had a wife for the marriage project yet (a girl already asked me to be her husband earlier) so I couldn't be with her. Was this a sign that she wanted to be with me outside school???

in Physics last week... She asked me if she wanted to study for our Physics final, the night before, together and asked for my number. We were supposed to meet up with this really smart guy that night and he would help us both, but he turned out to be unavailable and she never called. When I talked to her the next day in Econ, she said I should have asked for her number so I could have called her to study anyways. Another sign that she wants to meet up outside of class???

in English today... Since it was the first day of a new semester, she wanted to change seats because she sat across the other side of the room from me and had no one to really talk to. She'd always wonder her way over to my corner of the room, but mostly to talk with my friend. So when she mentioned changing seats to the other side of the room, I said "Oh so you can talk to (my friend) more often?"... and she was like "No Scott, I want to talk with you too." Another hint???

----------

Okay, so I'm into this girl. I've come to know her a little better this school year and am wondering if I should make a move. This girl is fine (as in fiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnneeeeeee) and up for Winter Formal Court and is a shoe-in to win it because the two girls she's competing against are unpopular overachievers who got nominated because of their academic skills. (So she's pretty high on the high school popular totem pole) She's going to this dance with one of my friends as 'friends'. She asked him (Sadie Hawkins) so I didn't blow it, she just didn't ask me. I was never asked, so I'm not going. Anyways, I was thinking of asking her phone number for when a Physics test comes up (probably next week or two) so we can study together. I'm sure she'll give it to me.

So knowning that I've never hung out with this girl outside of school, is it okay to be more than just friends? She doesn't exactly hang out with the same people I do... What do I do?

(If you want to bash me, please do so in a PM... I don't want to get in an argument on this thread.)
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RugbyD » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:14 am

seems like she's giving you every opportunity and telling you how to make better of it when you don't. stop waiting.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby go_jays_go » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:15 am

Ok first off, don't be such a ass to her. I mean, it's okay if she's laughing with you when it's a friendly comment but if she says you're mean, that's no good. It's obvious this girl is giving you hints by asking for you numbers and being in you're groups, so take advantage of it. Trust me, if you talk to her more often and treat her the way she likes, you'll find she'll be near you even more then she already is. The chick seems like she's into you so next time you're in class or she just comes up to you to talk to you, ask her for her number so you guys can grab lunch or a coffee together.

Scotty, this girl's for you man. Don't mess it up. ;-)

Good luck. ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:26 am

go_jays_go wrote:Ok first off, don't be such a ass to her. I mean, it's okay if she's laughing with you when it's a friendly comment but if she says you're mean, that's no good. It's obvious this girl is giving you hints by asking for you numbers and being in you're groups, so take advantage of it. Trust me, if you talk to her more often and treat her the way she likes, you'll find she'll be near you even more then she already is. The chick seems like she's into you so next time you're in class or she just comes up to you to talk to you, ask her for her number so you guys can grab lunch or a coffee together.

Scotty, this girl's for you man. Don't mess it up. ;-)

Good luck. ;-D

You don't want to see me drinking coffee :-o :-o :-o
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby HiddenIdentity » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:31 am

Last edited by HiddenIdentity on Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Phatferd » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:45 am

Scotty, I think she is showing you all the signals.

The only thing that would have me concerned is that she didn't ask you to the dance. On the other hand she may be the kind to drop hints instead of just going out and asking. If she made it a point to let you know that they are going as friends then that is a plus in your corner.

I have a good way for you to get a foot in or at least a feeler. Try and get the Sadies Hawkins dance subject up and when you are talking about it mention that you would really like to have one last awesome date for a dance. Something like, "I really want to have at least one more dance here with a an awesome date. I would like to go all out for a girl one last time." See her reaction. If you get a good one, you can say something like, "I would love to take a girl like you" or something like that, you can work it however you want, but you get the point.

Otherwise I would just pull her aside after class and say, "I really think we have become closer this past year and I would like to see if you would want to grab a bite to eat and go to the driving range or mini golf (I know you like to golf)". There is nothing better than giving a girl swing lessons. You get to basically grope her and not be considered a creep.

P.S. I actually posted in the Angel forum. Let's rock that forum this season!
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:49 am

Phatferd wrote: There is nothing better than giving a girl swing lessons. You get to basically grope her and not be considered a creep.

This is going in my sig. ;-D

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to put out (hehe) a feeler tomorrow.
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby Phatferd » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:56 am

OhMrScottyTrav06 wrote:
Phatferd wrote: There is nothing better than giving a girl swing lessons. You get to basically grope her and not be considered a creep.

This is going in my sig. ;-D

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to put out (hehe) a feeler tomorrow.

Glad I could help. I am even moe excited that I made someones sig!!
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Met_Threat » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:02 am

Dude wow how have you not jumped on all these opportunities, these are mad hints. First of all being mean can be a good thing unless your like "stop wasting time you f***** dumb***" but playful meanness is good. If she said that your too mean but if she said it in like a kind of jokingly, haha funny kind of matter then thats a good sign. If she just said it out right and you could tell she wasnt being sarcastic, then stop that now.

Secondly, all these other hints are huge. They are definately good signs and it seems like shes been even trying to pick you up but im guessing you just shrugged that off like a true OG. Anyway... i need to know a few details. Did she ask this kid to the formal before she started showing you these signs or after? Maybe she thought you werent interested, still its not too late, but you have to jump on that now. Also asking for her phone number/screen name for a test is grade school, men arent supposed to play the damn tricks. Come out front and say it that you like her and that you want to get to know her a little better outside of school, can you have her number... along those lines. Keep in mind that you kinda blew your chance at getting an early piece of that by not jumping on this formal situation because likely shell get mad drunk and hook up with this guy, but dont sweat it, shell probably forget his name the next day if that happens. But ya just go out and face it man, if she rejects you, she rejects you, who cares, but from what ive read in your post, i doubt she will.
Last edited by The_Met_Threat on Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Phatferd » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:05 am

Hey Met Threat, you do know "Sadie Hawkins" is a name of a dance. She didn't ask a kid named Hawkins and the Sadies Hawkins dance is where the girl asks the guy.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to General Talk