Red Sox back in Drivers Seat ! Ohhhh Yeahhh - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Boston Red Sox

Red Sox back in Drivers Seat ! Ohhhh Yeahhh

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:46 pm

Don't worry, this years Champions won't come from the AL East...
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:22 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:Don't worry, this years Champions won't come from the AL East...

I'll agree with that. I do think that Boston should worry about getting into the playoffs before they start printing the World Series programs. From my view, it's going to take alot of breaks for them to even make it there.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby wroclawredsox » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:54 pm

Marte's ratings as a prospect have fallen each of the past two years, and the Sox needed both a center fielder and a leadoff hitter.

Crisp has similar numbers as Damon and is still at the age that he is expected to improve, which I doubt Damon will- and not every team can afford to grossly overpay each position player. Crisp is a much better value than Damon under his new contract. Damon will decline each year from here on.

Lots of questions on the health of the Sox pitching, but to call their lineup laughable is just plain stupid. They have not downgraded the infield but added gold glove players and solidified the defense at every infield position. Renteria sucked both on defense and in the clutch. Sure, Gonzalez can't hit, but he won't let 30 balls go through his legs. I'll take a 9 hitter with a glove at middle infield any day.

Also, Manny may be a poor outfielder, but his defense in Fenway was well above average last year. He avoided hurting other outfielders!!, led in assists( has a very quick release), and knows the angles. Not any range, but what's needed in fenway??

The Red Sox demise will be pitching. Can't believe Schilling is healthy AND will be dominant, Beckett won't finish the season without a DL trip, Clement and Arroyo have no heart, or stamina for the second half, and it's possible that Wakefield could lead the team in wins again- how crazy is that to happen even once. The bullpen is a mess(no real lefties- Alvarez doesn't count), and I would be surprised if Foulke can get enyone out after last year's disaster- don't quite understand how the injuries mentioned can make a difference to the circle change.
wroclawredsox
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hoopitup21212 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:38 pm

giants! wrote:I hate to burst your bubble, but the crisp trade was not good for you as marte was a top prospect and alex gonzales is far far far from special. Theo was the best of the news by far.

This from a yankee fan

i agree. and im a redsox fan. this one trade i liked getting crisp but Marte is top 5 in baseball prospects out there.
SGMKL
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=163
"When Chuck Norris jumps in an ocean he doesnt get wet, the water gets chuck."
hoopitup21212
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby jzfran » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:50 pm

Being realistic, I feel that we are slightly worse than last year. And last year we were slightly worse than the year before. How does this equal an AL East championship?
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Boston Red Sox