Red Sox back in Drivers Seat ! Ohhhh Yeahhh - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Boston Red Sox

Red Sox back in Drivers Seat ! Ohhhh Yeahhh

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Paulie Walnuts » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:27 am

I don't see Gonzo as a difference maker, but Pedroia definitely could be one. I wonder how long it takes before he takes over at short.
Paulie Walnuts
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j24jags » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:34 am

Gonzo is DEFINITELY not a difference maker. hes worse than renteria. marte is a top top prospect in an elite class just below delmon felix and hermida, and im not going to waste any more breath in this thread
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby dyuen87 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:03 am

Is this a joke? John Kemp keep your posts to the Red Sox forum. We dont need a thread here with absolutely no news whatsoever but a Red Sox homer saying they're good.

:-t
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dcskater619 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:36 am

giants! wrote:I hate to burst your bubble, but the crisp trade was not good for you as marte was a top prospect and alex gonzales is far far far from special. Theo was the best of the news by far.

This from a yankee fan

lol..and wrong u are as a yankee fan..the crisp trade was well worth it..this guy has big potential, especially in fenway..just watch for yourself this season
dcskater619
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:57 am

dyuen87 wrote:Is this a joke? John Kemp keep your posts to the Red Sox forum. We dont need a thread here with absolutely no news whatsoever but a Red Sox homer saying they're good.

Really. All is fine with the world...they have the missing piece to the puzzle now that Alex Gonzalez is aboard. LMAO.

Crisp is better than Damon
Lowell is better than Mueller
A. Gonzalez is better than Renteria
A rookie is better than Millar (maybe I give you that one)

I mean that is how it was drawn up when the 05 season ended. You have to give Henry and James credit for drafting up such a clever, well conceived upgrade plan.

LMAO.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BritSox » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:05 am

Yawn. This topic is ridiculous. A month ago the sky was falling, and now we're in the box seat? This team is exactly where most sensible fans expected us to be now, in a position to compete with the Yanks and maybe get the better of them if we get a few lucky breaks, but by no means the favorites.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby theclefe » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:35 am

Paulie Walnuts wrote:I don't see Gonzo as a difference maker, but Pedroia definitely could be one. I wonder how long it takes before he takes over at short.

Pedroia will be 45 years old before he ever gets a shot, ala Youk, Freddy Sanchez and a whole list of other prospects the Red Sox don't play because they can afford more proven commodities. If he was the one they wouldn't have gotten Loretta, just as if Hanley was the one, they wouldn't have gotten Renteria. Pedroia better be gone by the trade deadline.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby one ton » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:13 pm

John Kemp, you're embarassing the Sox fans on this board. Just try to chill about the team- they're going to be fine. They weren't horrible before, and they're not the best now. I'm sick to death of this topic, and I'm sure everyone else is too ;-) Thanks.
one ton
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RyanK » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:39 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:Is this a joke? John Kemp keep your posts to the Red Sox forum. We dont need a thread here with absolutely no news whatsoever but a Red Sox homer saying they're good.

Really. All is fine with the world...they have the missing piece to the puzzle now that Alex Gonzalez is aboard. LMAO.

Crisp is better than Damon
Lowell is better than Mueller
A. Gonzalez is better than Renteria
A rookie is better than Millar (maybe I give you that one)

I mean that is how it was drawn up when the 05 season ended. You have to give Henry and James credit for drafting up such a clever, well conceived upgrade plan.

LMAO.

If you look at in a fincial way then it works for the red soxs except for the lowell addition:
Crisp- (he wants 6 in arbitration?) to Damons 10
Lowell- 10? mill to Muellers 3 or so
Gonzo- 3 mill to Renterias 9
Youk- 500,000 to Millars 4

Crisp im not sure on I know he made the league min last year as well as youkills, but i rember reading he wanted 6 or so in arbitration??

the red soxs save around 7 million, the biggest outlier being Lowells contract to muellers
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Morrison8312 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:40 pm

Let's delete this thread before the Sox fans on this board get embarrassed too much :,-( !+)
Morrison8312
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Boston Red Sox