How do YOU think the Angels lineup shakes out? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How do YOU think the Angels lineup shakes out?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How do YOU think the Angels lineup shakes out?

Postby Sticky Spice » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:01 am

With the gigantic assumptions that no further trades are made and everyone stays relatively healthy...

This seems obvious to me although I've not heard any news that comes right out and says it:

vs RHP

McPherson at 3B
Chone to CF
Erstad to 1B/DH
Kotchman 1B/DH

vs LHP

Chone at 3B
Erstad at CF
Kotchman 1B
J Rivera DH

I think everything I've read has Dallas on the bench, but I just don't see him there come opening day with Juan Rivera getting the shaft on AB's.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:50 am

The Angels have made it clear that Kotchman is their 1B going into the year and Erstad is out in CF yet again. So I don't see how Erstad will play a bulk of his AB's at 1B/DH and then go play CF against LHP. It just isn't real convenient and McPherson would have to make it happen by playing great. Something I don't see happening after his injury riddled 2005.

The point is, Rivera has been productive in the majors while McPherson hasn't. Also, Rivera hits better against RHP's, so the theory doesn't all work out. Until something changes, which I don't see happening soon, McPherson is on the bench. Well until Erstad gets hurt in the OF yet again or Rivera slumps.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Sticky Spice » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:54 am

Seems like all it would take is a good spring by McPherson where he hits and proves he's healthy to earn at least a platoon. How many locks for 20 HR do they have? Just Vladi, right?

I hope you're right because I think Rivera deserves a FT shot.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby hybrid » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:45 am

Well Anderson should also hit 20 HR's if he plays a full season. If Rivera gets enough AB's I think he would pretty much hit 20 also. I think McPherson would have to out play Rivera by quite a bit in ST and the regular season to get more time. Rivera should get his chance as McPherson has been out a good amount and I would assume rusty, not to mention he still hasn't proven he can hit in the majors.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby stumpak » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:13 am

As a previous post said, the Angels have openly said that Kotchman is full-time 1B, Erstad is CF and Figgins is 3B. Mc Pherson and Rivera may platoon, but it would be at DH.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sticky Spice » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:56 am

Well I know what the Angels are saying, that's why I titled my thread the way I did. I just don't believe them :-D
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Return to Baseball Leftovers