Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who do you like better EA or 2K Sports?

EA Sports
85%
2K Sports
15%

Total votes : 26

Postby MMoNeY24 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:06 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:Why did 2K have to buy out the rights for baseball? Why couldn't they just have kept both, and EA kept both, like it always has been. Come on EA, big deal they get to put out NFL 2k, nobody bought that crap anyway. Getting that game off the shelves was not worth giving up MVP Baseball. That was a great game and now I have to buy whatever crap game 2K puts out. :-P

Numbers wise I would have to guess that NFL 2k5 came nowhere close to Madden in selling, but I would disagree with calling it crap. It was actually a good game and was pretty good when put up next to that year's Madden (I have both).

It's more or less the NFL and MLB making deals with EA and 2K, but there's some aspect of competition between the two companies there (in which case I agree with you that it wasn't worth taking 2K down). Like I said before also, I would guess Madden sold many more copies than 2K, making it useless to take down it's competition that would set up the loss of MLB rights.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk