Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who do you like better EA or 2K Sports?

EA Sports
85%
2K Sports
15%

Total votes : 26

Postby Phatferd » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:41 pm

Not just Madden, but the NCAA Football series is awesome. I never buy more than 1 game per sport, except football. They do a great job in that series to keep it so much more different than Madden.

I give EA the edge solely on Madden, NCAA Football and their baseball franchise. (I used to like Acclaims All-Star Baseball with Jeter).

NHL 2k
NBA 2k are better than their EA counterparts.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DevilDriver » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:48 pm

NHL2K is awesome...just for that game I'm going with 2K ;-D
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:48 pm

ThatDude wrote: I did, however, use the rocket launcher that drops from the copter at the very end. I consider that to be good enough.

Cheater!! ;-)

I'm impressed. If you're so big into RE1 and RE4, you really should go back and give 2 and 3 a shot. They're both terrific.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby ThatDude » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:07 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:
ThatDude wrote: I did, however, use the rocket launcher that drops from the copter at the very end. I consider that to be good enough.

Cheater!! ;-)

I'm impressed. If you're so big into RE1 and RE4, you really should go back and give 2 and 3 a shot. They're both terrific.

I've thought about it, more than once actually, but I just don't think I can go back to those old graphics. I love popping heads with the sniper rifle, and the square blood pixels of the older games will just look even worse than they did when the games were new.

And with RE4 now locked into the machine for a while, I wouldn't play either of them for a long while anyway. I'm assuming that beating the game once unlocks a harder difficulty level and the extra side mission content, and I might not play anything else until I beat the mess out of this game.

Well, I might throw God of War in just for fun and to vent some frustration if I get stuck in a spot for too long.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Trot Nixon » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:58 am

Madden absolutely is the best game ever, not for 360 though, but I also LOVE NBA and NHL 2K6, so I don't know which company to pick!
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hybrid » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:50 am

EA easily for me. I don't play NBA games but every other game EA wins IMO. They make better hockey games, football games, and baseball games. Well at least they did make better baseball games until 2K took the rights for baseball, now I have to buy their crappy game to play MLB players.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Knicks4ever » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:16 pm

Ill go EA sports. Madden is simply amazing and i dont think any other sports game even rivals it. I liked the EA baseball series better than 2K6, i dont no what im gonna do this year, however i do give 2K6 the slight edge in Basketball over NBA live
Knicks4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:20 pm

Why did 2K have to buy out the rights for baseball? Why couldn't they just have kept both, and EA kept both, like it always has been. Come on EA, big deal they get to put out NFL 2k, nobody bought that crap anyway. Getting that game off the shelves was not worth giving up MVP Baseball. That was a great game and now I have to buy whatever crap game 2K puts out. :-P
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:00 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:Why did 2K have to buy out the rights for baseball? Why couldn't they just have kept both, and EA kept both, like it always has been. Come on EA, big deal they get to put out NFL 2k, nobody bought that crap anyway. Getting that game off the shelves was not worth giving up MVP Baseball. That was a great game and now I have to buy whatever crap game 2K puts out. :-P

Agreed. I'll be missing the MVP series. :,-(
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Red Stripe » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:47 pm

EA wins by a longshot
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk