Who do you like better EA or 2K Sports?

EA Sports
85%
2K Sports
15%

Total votes : 26

E.A. Sports Vs. 2K Sports

Postby AEMRICH » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:08 pm

alright i'm a huge 2K fan and our rival company is the Evil Empire that is known as EA sports. i hate that whole company, unfortunately i'm forced to buy their games. i loved espn nfl 2k series but now that EA has the official NFL liscence i have to play madden. It is a good game but i just hate the company i think they should all burn in hell. who else is with me
College Tuition: $12,000
Room & Board: $5,600
Books: $500
Food Plan: $2000
Not going to college and living with your parents: Priceless
AEMRICH
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:21 pm

I don't own a game made by either company, so I shall refrain from voting... even though I love voting in these polls...

I'm a Resident Evil/ Metroid/ Zelda kind of guy. ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:28 pm

Ea sports although I currently am divorcing them due to lack of PC games
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:38 pm

EA Sports ;-D
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby ThatDude » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:53 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:I don't own a game made by either company, so I shall refrain from voting... even though I love voting in these polls...

I just picked up the PS2 version of Resident Evil 4 about 2 weeks ago, and I've fallen completely in love with it. I've just reached the island on my first time through, and I can see putting a few hundred hours into it fairly easily. I'm certain I'll try a game without ever talking to the merchant, but that won't be until I'm very familiar with everything.

I hadn't played any of the series since the first one, which I throughly destroyed. I beat it in under 3 hours to get the infinte rocket launcher (2:23 was my best time), I beat it with only the knife (quite possibly the hardest thing I've ever done in any game), and just about every other way you could think of.

As for the poll, EA sports are leaps and bounds better than the 2K brand.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:21 pm

ThatDude wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:I don't own a game made by either company, so I shall refrain from voting... even though I love voting in these polls...

I just picked up the PS2 version of Resident Evil 4 about 2 weeks ago, and I've fallen completely in love with it. I've just reached the island on my first time through, and I can see putting a few hundred hours into it fairly easily. I'm certain I'll try a game without ever talking to the merchant, but that won't be until I'm very familiar with everything.

I hadn't played any of the series since the first one, which I throughly destroyed. I beat it in under 3 hours to get the infinte rocket launcher (2:23 was my best time), I beat it with only the knife (quite possibly the hardest thing I've ever done in any game), and just about every other way you could think of.

Good taste on the Dude here. ;-D

RE4 is probably the best game I've played during this lifetime. I want to beat it upside down, inside out, backwards, etc too, but I'm so dang busy with work and school I haven't beaten it all the way yet. The game just gets better and better the further you get in it. Curious George is a fan too, he claims to have beaten it in pretty much every way you can beat it. ( :-b )

Major props for beating the original with just the knife. How the heck is that possible, anyway?? 8-o
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby MMoNeY24 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:26 pm

NBA 2k6 absolutely wrecks NBA Live '06 in every aspect, but I'm not a huge basketball fan anyway. Madden on 360 is the biggest piece of garbage I've ever played; on regular Xbox it's good. The old ESPN football games, I think 2k5 was the last, was right up there with Madden IMO until they lost the license. I loved MVP, but I haven't played any 2k baseball title. EA is probably the better company right now because they also have other good games like NFS: Most Wanted and Fight Night, but 2k6 is starting to expand and get better.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:28 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:
ThatDude wrote:

RE4 is probably the best game I've played during this lifetime. I want to beat it upside down, inside out, backwards, etc too, but I'm so dang busy with work and school I haven't beaten it all the way yet. The game just gets better and better the further you get in it. Curious George is a fan too, he claims to have beaten it in pretty much every way you can beat it. ( :-b )

Major props for beating the original with just the knife. How the heck is that possible, anyway?? 8-o

F.E.A.R is the best ever
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby ThatDude » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:38 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:
ThatDude wrote:

Looking back on what I've played of it, I'd guess I've got to be close to the end. The first village and castle areas alone are enough for a really, really good game, and theres a lot more than just that. And with all the extra content that is supposedly in the PS2 version, I can imagine enough replay value in RE4 to last until the PS3 has been out for a while and has dropped to a reasonable price.

As for beating RE1 with just the knife, there's only one word to describe what it takes.

Patience.

Make no mistake, I died. Alot. ALOT. I'd say it took me a week playing about 4 hours a day just to beat the Tyrant in the lab. That's no easy fight. I did, however, use the rocket launcher that drops from the copter at the very end. I consider that to be good enough.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:30 pm

EA by a landslide. The Madden series just takes the cake. Anyone have some of the old Madden games for Sega Gamegear?
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to General Talk