. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Phatferd » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:18 am

Here comes the social conscious again. Seriously when did you become the moral authority on here? You post around here like you're so much better than everyone else.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:16 am

Phatferd wrote:Here comes the social conscious again. Seriously when did you become the moral authority on here? You post around here like you're so much better than everyone else.

I'm no moral authority on anything. And I don't claim to be, nor do I think I am, any better than anyone. In fact, this is the only topic on which I've been critical of the prevailing viewpoint around here. Although I'll admit to at least trying to be somewhat socially conscious...is that a bad thing?

For the most part, this board has (or at least shows) an opinion of women that is disgusting, and yet nobody ever says anything to the contrary. There are thousands of posts on here that I feel show this, but when I comment in one or two of the threads you get upset that I am being socially conscious? If everyone is going to join in by misogynistic comments I think I should be allowed to express my opinion on the topic as well. As I've stated before, I'm not trying to make anyone change, or keep people from posting their opinions...I just find it disheartening that so many intelligent people show such an ignorant side.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Phatferd » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:35 pm

You hardly ever post, but when you do you choose to come on here and instigate things. You always go about it with a sense of superiority. I don't care if you have another viewpoints, but you could go about it in a whole different manner. You choose not to because you like instigating crap, so you choose your tone very well knowing how to get people riled up.

If everyone is going to join in by misogynistic comments I think I should be allowed to express my opinion on the topic as well. As I've stated before, I'm not trying to make anyone change, or keep people from posting their opinions.

According to you. Just because you think something is misogynistic doesn't mean it is, however, you choose to be the moral authority on all issues. For example, the whole rap being negative thread. Just because you thought ACS was misguided you told him he was wrong. You have zero proof that he is. Rap may not be the most negative, but where is the proof? All you can say is there are a lot of positive rappers out there. That doesn't prove anything. This is one small example.

You fealt the "need to enlighten" me once because I saved hundreds of dollars on a laptop and you told me that I didn't save money and that I was tricked by Madison Ave's techniques.

There are more, these are a few.

I just want to know what social category you fall under for calling two people "fu**ing idiots"? Wouldn't that make you ignorant? I guess they didn't teach you social conflict. What benefit do you gain by calling 2 people "fu**ing idiots"?
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:37 pm

Phatferd wrote:You hardly ever post, but when you do you choose to come on here and instigate things. You always go about it with a sense of superiority. I don't care if you have another viewpoints, but you could go about it in a whole different manner. You choose not to because you like instigating crap, so you choose your tone very well knowing how to get people riled up.

If everyone is going to join in by misogynistic comments I think I should be allowed to express my opinion on the topic as well. As I've stated before, I'm not trying to make anyone change, or keep people from posting their opinions.

According to you. Just because you think something is misogynistic doesn't mean it is, however, you choose to be the moral authority on all issues. For example, the whole rap being negative thread. Just because you thought ACS was misguided you told him he was wrong. You have zero proof that he is. Rap may not be the most negative, but where is the proof? All you can say is there are a lot of positive rappers out there. That doesn't prove anything. This is one small example.

You fealt the "need to enlighten" me once because I saved hundreds of dollars on a laptop and you told me that I didn't save money and that I was tricked by Madison Ave's techniques.

There are more, these are a few.

I just want to know what social category you fall under for calling two people "fu**ing idiots"? Wouldn't that make you ignorant? I guess they didn't teach you social conflict. What benefit do you gain by calling 2 people "fu**ing idiots"?

I'm not instigating any more than anbody else does by posting a contrary opinion to someone else. The whole purpose of a message board is to have discussions and allow people to present their views...which is exactly what I did (and exactly what you did). If you think I have a tone of superiority then you have mis-read my tone.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Phatferd » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:04 pm

I'm sorry if I am reading into your tone wrong. I just took offense when you decided to call 2 people "fu**ing idiots". I just saw it as being couterproductive in your statement.

No hard feelings.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Thursday » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:16 pm

Humor is lost on some people.

Some people enjoy picking fights for no reason. (not you, Phatferd)

Sucks but it's true.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:49 pm

Phatferd wrote:I'm sorry if I am reading into your tone wrong. I just took offense when you decided to call 2 people "fu**ing idiots". I just saw it as being couterproductive in your statement.

No hard feelings.

At least we can agree on this part! It was definitely counterproductive (not to mention an asshole manuever), that's why I edited that out shortly after I posted it.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:39 pm

Ah, the whole "fat chicks" debate again. Glad to see you guys got it worked out.

68. Eighty-five: The number of males per 100 females in Gary, Indiana, lowest male-to-female ratio of any city with a population of 100,000-plus. The highest male-to-female ratio is in Salinas, California: 114 males for every 100 females.

Who knew there was a positive reason to move to Indiana? :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DK » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:33 pm

Phatferd wrote:For example, the whole rap being negative thread. Just because you thought ACS was misguided you told him he was wrong. You have zero proof that he is. Rap may not be the most negative, but where is the proof? All you can say is there are a lot of positive rappers out there. That doesn't prove anything. This is one small example.

To get off-topic for a quick minute, it's especially strenuous for us positive/underground rap lovers to hear how terrible and negative the state of rap is today. It's not terrible. It's just the good stuff is well beneath the surface. It's unfortunate but true.

Usually when people make that point of view (that rap is negative/bad/disgusting/mysoginistic/other) it's from the mainstream-rap frame of mind. Don't take mainstream rap under any consideration when discussing rap. It's terrible. It's stupid. Nobody disagrees with you there.

OK, back on topic. I'd rather have a girl overweight than underweight. Underweight girls are kind of disgusting to me. Naturally, I'd like an average-sized girl if all things equal, but a girl with meat on her bones is OK with me.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk