Carl Pavano... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Carl Pavano...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Carl Pavano...

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:10 pm

Man is such a jerk, he fired his agent because he got him a 4 year 39.95 M contract and he wanted 40.0 M.

Scuttle but also has it that Pavano is not liked by Yankee Management and his Yankee teammates and that the Yanks will try to showcase him in Spring Training to deal him away, eating part of the contract dependion whatthey can get back.

Pavano supposedly despises NY and wants out also.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Phatferd » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:18 pm

Why do teams support these players decisions by letting them out? They signed the deal, live with it.

I understand that the Yanks would rather get rid of a cancer, but all these athletes sign huge deals to whatever team is willing to give them an extra penny. They put up with the city for a year then demand they get traded.

Why even go through the FA process? Just go to the team that you want to play for and say, "I would like to play for you, lets work out a deal that works for both of us".

Isntead they jerk-around these teams, get their cash and bail.

All pro sports leagues should adopt a rule that states, if a player "feels unhappy in a particular town or with a particular team" and wants out, they can be let out, but that players contract becomes void.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:29 pm

I do not disagree. He and his agent played the Yanks and the Clueless One like a violin. Instead of firing his agent, he should thank him for getting that type of money for him.

That said, the man is a jerk by all accounts. And while I will be the first to prophess that you do not want 25 choir boys on your team, this guy seems like really bad news. You live with complainers when they produce and have a gutsy attitude. When all they are good for is complaining and blaming others for stinking up the joint, then it is time to cut your losses and move on.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Phatferd » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:37 pm

He's npt even good.

At least guys like T.O. are good. It's like if Todd Pinkston demanded a trade.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AtlDynasty25 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:42 pm

Phatferd wrote:Why do teams support these players decisions by letting them out? They signed the deal, live with it.

I understand that the Yanks would rather get rid of a cancer, but all these athletes sign huge deals to whatever team is willing to give them an extra penny. They put up with the city for a year then demand they get traded.

Why even go through the FA process? Just go to the team that you want to play for and say, "I would like to play for you, lets work out a deal that works for both of us".

Isntead they jerk-around these teams, get their cash and bail.

All pro sports leagues should adopt a rule that states, if a player "feels unhappy in a particular town or with a particular team" and wants out, they can be let out, but that players contract becomes void.

Hey, I'm all for players screwing the yankees over, I love it ;-D

EDIT: I like your idea about voiding the contract though. That would be fair.
AtlDynasty25
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Steve-o » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:02 pm

Phatferd wrote:All pro sports leagues should adopt a rule that states, if a player "feels unhappy in a particular town or with a particular team" and wants out, they can be let out, but that players contract becomes void.

I hope you're not serious.

Say a small market team scouts and signs a player to a good deal. Maybe even a below market deal. Then the player has a good year and voids his contract to go to a higher paying team. In your scenario small market teams would have no incentive to compete.

The solution for these whiny players is just to let them rot on the bench. Let them try and get a contract after their latest one expires and they have 2-3 years of not playing ball under their belts.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bucksox » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:35 pm

Steve-o wrote:
Phatferd wrote:All pro sports leagues should adopt a rule that states, if a player "feels unhappy in a particular town or with a particular team" and wants out, they can be let out, but that players contract becomes void.

I hope you're not serious.

Say a small market team scouts and signs a player to a good deal. Maybe even a below market deal. Then the player has a good year and voids his contract to go to a higher paying team. In your scenario small market teams would have no incentive to compete.

The solution for these whiny players is just to let them rot on the bench. Let them try and get a contract after their latest one expires and they have 2-3 years of not playing ball under their belts.

I agree with this 100%. Problem is ....it takes some big stones to do that and most teams aren't willing to.
bucksox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers