Fate Riding on Kotchman and Santana? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

Fate Riding on Kotchman and Santana?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Phatferd » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:32 pm

I agree with you, but it seems like they are in a catch-22. In order to get that bat to compliment Vlad they will have to get rid of pitching which they need 1 more of.

You mention they need to compliment Bartolo, but I think he's their 3rd best pitcher. I like a healthy Escobar and Lackey a little more than Bartolo.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sLim » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:02 am

Phatferd wrote:You mention they need to compliment Bartolo, but I think he's their 3rd best pitcher. I like a healthy Escobar and Lackey a little more than Bartolo.

i believe we will never again see a healthy escobar that will pitch anywhere near 30 games a season...

lackey is a stud...i consider him the angels number 2 pitcher...but even he is not as good as colon at full strength...the only thing i worry about colon is that he cant last the entire season...maybe its his weight...whatever it is...towards the end of the season, especially in playoff time...i dont kno if we can depend on bart...
sLim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Halo Homers » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:44 pm

Phatferd wrote:
sLim wrote:that manny trade is ridiculous...

u have to be insane to accept that deal...

santana, figgins, wood, and kendrik for manny...on top of that the angels are suppose to pick up the rest of mannys 75 mil...

thats a slap in the face from the dumbass red sox nation...

So true...

I would only do the Escobar and Rivera deal....I would still be hesitant to take that one as well. Escobar is arguably our best pitcher when healthy. If we trade him, this already weak staff becomes that much weaker.

I am assuming the Manny deal only gets done if its Rivera, Escobar, Erstad and then a perhaps Aybar or Mathias, but not Wood or Kendrick.

That would be enough of a salary dump for the Angels to take on Manny's contract, and then go after Jeff Weaver.

No way Santana is in this deal, or Figgins.
Halo Homers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 48)

Postby Phatferd » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:19 am

Nobody wants Erstad, he's just not that good. I love the guy and think he's an awesome leader, but I don't think he'd provide the same leadership for another team. He has been a cornerstone on this team for years going to a new team wouldn't help him, they would already have clubhouse leaders.

That is the only value Erstad brings to a team, and a decent glove, but that's not worth the money he gets paid.

I don't know why you're so concerned with Escobars health, his injury isn't usually considered anything to be worried about. Bartolo on the other hand concens me more in regards to his health. I have heard bad things about his injury he suffered in the playoffs and his weight doesn't help, even though I hear he's lost 40lbs.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby radarglove » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:51 pm

Wow, an Angel forum. I have found a home.

I've also heard Bart has lost a lot of weight and is right on tract in his rehab. Escobar I believe will be back to 2004 form. What I'm really hoping for is for Lackey to put up 2 good seasons in a row and Ervin to build on his 2nd half of last year. As long as I'm hoping, I would like to see them get big brother Jeff for 1 year because to think we need 1 more pitcher is the sound assumption. That would also strenghten the bullpen by sending Carraso to it. It's win win. I would go as much a 2yrs because of the Colon/Escobar inj's of last year.
Manny? We don't need no stinking Manny, especially at that last asking price. I would never let Santana or Figgy go.
As always, JMHO
radarglove
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby radarglove » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:55 pm

Phatferd, I love "Lost" also, can't wait for Wednesdays
As always, JMHO
radarglove
Little League Legend
Little League Legend