Adjusting Expected Action Values based on 18 player league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Adjusting Expected Action Values based on 18 player league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Adjusting Expected Action Values based on 18 player league

Postby roarke » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:41 pm

I'm currently in the middle of a 18-manager, 23-player(C,1B,2B,SS,3B,CI,MI,5OF, Util,Util, 9 pitcher) active roster (17 bench roster to be decided in a snake draft)

In making my preps for the draft, i took into account the reviewers expected draft value.

How much (if any at all) should i skew this ammount given my leagues slight difference (+6 standard managers)?

Thank you for any help.
roarke
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Adjusting Expected Action Values based on 18 player league

Postby swarmee » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:38 pm

What you should do is go to http://www.rototimes.com and use their 2005 projections dollar value calculator (since the 2006 projections aren't synched up yet) to see the difference in values for an 18-team league and a 12-team league. My suggestion: Figure out what each of these players would be worth in the 18-team league and the 12-team league:
$50 player (if there are any)
$40
$30
$20
$10
$1

That can give you a ballpark of what equates to what. My guess is that the highest $ players will drop a little in value, and those at $1 will now be worth ~$10 since there's 150 more players to go after.
Another Year, Another Championship. I'm 2 for 2.
swarmee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Re: Adjusting Expected Action Values based on 18 player league

Postby thinkspin » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:21 pm

roarke wrote:I'm currently in the middle of a 18-manager, 23-player(C,1B,2B,SS,3B,CI,MI,5OF, Util,Util, 9 pitcher) active roster (17 bench roster to be decided in a snake draft)

The 18 team, 23 player part is handled just fine at most sites, but the 17 bench spots are going to be a little tougher.

Most of the rags out now are advertising over 600 player profiles. You are going to need over 700. Plus I am sure that part of the 17 bench spots will be prospects, so you may need multiple sources. A top 100 prospect list will help.

I love drafting and playing, but a 40 man roster seems like a bit too much to manage effectively. Plus, 18 teams, that is deep. Best of luck...
Founder of a fantasy sports related website...
thinkspin
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers