RotoWorld Mag - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

RotoWorld Mag

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

RotoWorld Mag

Postby TriplePlay » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:09 pm

Does anyone know if RotoWorld will be putting out a fantasy baseball magazine this year? If yes, does anyone know when it will come out? I thought last year's was one of the better magazines out there.
TriplePlay
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:12 pm

Really? I know nothing about their mag, but their analysis is generally lame and inane with guys like Gleeman doing 10 year keeper horizons and using that too list Belliard as more valuable than Kent in a keeper league. When you see stuff like that in combo with not knowing which hand Kevin Brown broke punching a wall, it is hard to believe their projections would be worth diddly.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thinkspin » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:17 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Really? I know nothing about their mag, but their analysis is generally lame and inane with guys like Gleeman doing 10 year keeper horizons and using that too list Belliard as more valuable than Kent in a keeper league. When you see stuff like that in combo with not knowing which hand Kevin Brown broke punching a wall, it is hard to believe their projections would be worth diddly.

For sure, Matthew Pouliot, who does ALL the projections is one of the best. Not sure if I have his name correct but you can check.

I do agree about the analysis though. Lame. It seems that they have gone through a dozen different columnists in the last year or so.
Founder of a fantasy sports related website...
thinkspin
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shortsavage » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:21 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Really? I know nothing about their mag, but their analysis is generally lame and inane with guys like Gleeman doing 10 year keeper horizons and using that too list Belliard as more valuable than Kent in a keeper league. When you see stuff like that in combo with not knowing which hand Kevin Brown broke punching a wall, it is hard to believe their projections would be worth diddly.

Gleeman is pretty bad, but I actually think their updates are great. Maybe you don't align with their humor, but it's easy to tell that they know their stuff.

The Rotoworld magazine was the best magazine out there last year. It puts all of the others to shame.

This season, Beckett Media is producing a monthly Rotoworld Fantasy Magazine. In an effort to promote their monthy magazine, Beckett has held off on making the date at which they will release their baseball issue clear. I'd guess mid-February though.
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby screwyinstlouie » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:33 pm

I bought Rotoworld's magazine last year, and thought it was pretty good. And I'm constantly checking their (almost up-to-the-minute) updates throughout the season.
screwyinstlouie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pochucker » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:36 pm

I believe there website says it will be out feb 9th (not 100% sure -- im old)

Bought three mags last year theirs was the best. Also found HomePlate.com online analysis to be helpful.
Pochucker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:36 pm

The updates are fine...but that comes largely from third party media sources that they post on their site. It is their articles and analysis by their columnists that are lame.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby rlee » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:58 am

Their website says that they will have an on-line version of their draft guide available "late January." For those of you who say that Pouliot (sp?) is one of the better projectors of performance, I agree. We all have to remember that forecasting performance is somewhat of a crapshoot to begin with. But all in all, I think he does as good a job as anyone. ;-D
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby warrick95 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:53 pm

Rotoworld's magazine is the best magazine out tehre, IMO. I read into it heavily. I agree with many things that Pouliot says. He seems to have a very good sense of risk and trends.

Other than the projections, the magazine is pretty crappy. However, Pouliot does all of the projections. They are golden. I would buy this magazine if I were y'all...
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bronxxbomber » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:24 am

I've been convinced :-D . I'll give their mag a shot. I never knew they had one to begin with.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers